cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recordings cutting short.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Recordings cutting short.

I've had issues with my set top box playing two recordings at once, mixing audio from two recordings and other issues. I was advised to do a factory reset, which I did. However, though it seems to have fixed that, I now have issues with recordings cutting short and missing the end of recordings. It's very frustrating and makes it pointless recording a lot of programs.
I remember on my old free sat box that I could set it up to record early by up to 5 minutes and extra time at the end by up to 10 minutes (or something like that). I've looked on this box in all the settings, is there any setting like this that I have missed please? .
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 33

Re: Recordings cutting short.

Hi @rogadodge, I'm sorry for the issues you have been experiencing with the youview.

The issue may be caused by the broadcaster not giving out the right EPG data, does this occur on a specific channel or have you noticed this on every channel?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

On nearly all the channels we tried. I understand there is an EPG that is transmitted, but even a ten year old freeview bid had 'padding' (a buffer for pre recording and recording after the EPG times.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 46

@rogadodge,

Are these random recordings that are missing sections, or lets say recording one thing directly after another that's cutting off sections?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

It cuts off at the end, one or two minutes usually, sometimes as much as five minutes or thereabouts. There is not another recording cutting it short.
We also have an issue of it recording something that neither of us has set a timer for, though they could be historic 'record series' timers, so we have just gone through and deleted all those.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 97

Thanks for getting back to us, did the issues with recording missing segments start as soon as you carried out the factory reset?

I just wanted to confirm that with you before we look at what we could do next. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Yes, it's almost like one problem replaced the other. We certainly didn't notice it before, except as an occasional irritation, however it happens a lot now - quizzes and makeover shows (that the wife loves) are particularly annoying - especially so if it's not on a channel with a catchup up facility.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 37

Hi @rogadodge,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I can see that you've said this started occurring after a factory reset of the device, but I was wondering if you've tried completely unplugging the YouView box, including the cables from the electrical sockets and then plugging it back in after about 30 seconds to see if this makes a difference?

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

I will try this when I get home, in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the advice.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 80

Thanks @rogadoge. Please get back in touch if this doesn't resolve the problem.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team