Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording Schedule Empty and Selecting Series Reord Option

Baldricky
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Recording Schedule Empty and Selecting Series Reord Option

Hi

Maybe it's just a glitch in with my Youview box...

1) Has anyone else discovered their Recording Schedule empty?

Sometime on Sunday 20th August something happened to mine. Programmes scheduled earlier that day recorded but on Wednesday I noticed Sunday evening's hadn't nor had Monday's and Tuesday's. When I looked at the recording schedule it was empty.

I rescheduled the programmes and it's been okay since then.

2) Since having the above problem I've discovered that selecting Series Record doesn't always work. It sometimes just sets up a single episode and I have to cancel and select it again several times before I can see it's been correctly added.

Our area did not have any power cuts on the 20th which might account for these things happening.

Are these 'features' familiar to anybody?

Cheers

9 REPLIES
Baldricky
Dabbler

Re: Recording Schedule Empty and Selecting Series Reord Option

Annoyingly, today some of my programmes have again removed themselves from the Recording Schedule. I thought the 'glitch' was going to be a one-off. Surely it's not only me this is happening to? Sad

nameloc2080

I have had a similar occurrence with an empty Recording Schedule. I noticed this in particular because I had started to record the re run of The Bill which started on Drama on the 15th August. The series recorded until the Friday 18th and should have continued on Monday 21st August but didn't.

When I noticed episodes not recorded I checked my Recording Schedule (Tuesday 22nd) and it was completely empty. Other shows I record daily recorded on Sunday 20th and must then have disappeared from the Recording Schedule.

PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

There are definitely some problems with the recording schedule. I have found the schedule empty whilst the guide shows items with a "record" flag; usually series items. Just another instance of bad design/implementation of features in the "new" software which, as we all know, has been "fully untested".

Phil

Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
stereohaven
Rising Star

Baldricky wrote:

Annoyingly, today some of my programmes have again removed themselves from the Recording Schedule. I thought the 'glitch' was going to be a one-off. Surely it's not only me this is happening to? Sad

Nope, same here.

It's happened several times. At first I thought I must be pressing the wrong button and only putting one programme down to record instead of a series but that wasn't it.

Has happened across different programmes and channels to me over the last 6 weeks.

Update: I've just checked and it has lost the scheduled recordings for Location, Location, Location, GPs: Behind Closed Doors and 999: What's Your Emergency? and they had to be added back in. 

Match of the Day is also missing but I am assuming that is because it isn't on this weekend!

Browni
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 31

It's an international weekend.
Apparently viewers in Scotland are being entertained by watching england vs Malta.
I must have been really bad in a previous life. This is my 3rd ISP in a row that uses lithium.
Baldricky
Dabbler

The problem is now getting even more confusing. The Channel 5 programme which disappeared from the Recording Schedule switched itself to My5. This appears in the Youview Guide with symbol similar to the red record symbol but without the 'R'. It contains the right arrow 'play' button. I can not find a way of removing it from the Youview Guide to cancel the record and it does not appear in the Recording Schedule.

Is there a user guide available for YouView which explains what the symbol means in this instance?

Who should deal with issues like this, Youview or Plusnet? I pay my subscription to Plusnet - so should I raise a call with their Customer Services?

Baldricky
Dabbler

Re: my above post "The problem is now getting even more confusing"

I've now realised that when you look at the Guide, any programmes already recorded that are being repeated (even on another channel) have the play icon in the left hand corner. It's not something I've noticed before.

So that part of my puzzlement in now resolved. Smiley

Baldricky
Dabbler

Re: Recording Schedule Empty and Selecting Series Record Option

Surely someone out there knows how to deal with this?

My Recording Schedule is now regularly being emptied. I am having to check it every day and reinstate it every now and then.

Is there a User Guide as I have posted another problem regarding Standby Deep Sleep mode here.

I am losing faith in this Youview box to function correctly.

Do I have a faulty box? What should be my next step? I have not gone down the road of factory resets as I don't want to risk losing what's already recorded.

Help please!

stereohaven
Rising Star

Re: Recording Schedule Empty and Selecting Series Record Option

I found a soft reset restored my missing series links, instructions here: YouView Soft Reset/Reboot

Still, it is obviously a recurring fault that needs fixing.