Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record 2 internet channels ?

FIXED
Highlighted
Slickric211
Fixes: 1

Record 2 internet channels ?

Is it possible (or should it be) to record 2 internet/subscription channels at the same time ?

I had my service go live today and everything seems to work great, apart from when I set a recording for the History(hd) channel, switched over to W(hd) and watched that for a while.
When the History (hd) channel recording started in the background the picture broke up on currently watching W(hd) channel.

Is this normal?Huh

Very disappointing if thats the case when recording 2 internet is supported on BT and now even TT apparently !!.

FYI I’m on 80Mbit Fibre and hard wired into my router so connection can’t be an issue.
5 REPLIES
Slickric211

Re: Record 2 internet channels ?

Fix
Never mind seems to be ok now.

I don’t know if it mattered but I have an 8 port gigabit (unmanaged) switch next to my router.
The YouView box was connected to this so I swapped some cables over and it’s directly connected to the router now.

I can successfully watch 1 internet channel whilst recording another now.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 39

Hi @Slickric211,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with recording two internet channels at once on your Youview box. You should be able to record 2 channels at once - this can be 2 Freeview channels, 2 internet channels or 2 of each.

We have some TV troubleshooting steps here - I'd recommend that you look at the Internet channel picture problems section as the first port of call.

Whoops, I've just seen your latest message. I'm glad to hear that you've been able to get this sorted now and thank you for letting us know what you did to resolve this. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

@EmilyD wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with recording two internet channels at once on your Youview box. You should be able to record 2 channels at once - this can be 2 Freeview channels, 2 internet channels or 2 of each.

I suspect that is "1 of each".

In addition, it was possible* to watch a third channel whilst recording 2 (excluding 3 internet or 3 freeview) with some restrictions.

Phil

*before the the introduction of the "touch screen" interface. I've not checked since.

Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 9

Hi @Slickric211 and @PeeGee

Just to clear things up, it is possible to concurrently record a maximum of two programs and it is possible to watch another at the same time. This can be 2 Freeview channels, 2 internet channels or 1 of each.

If there is an attempt to record a third, an error message will be displayed advising to stop one of the recordings or find an alternative showing of the same program.

Please note that if you are attempting to record two HD programs and watch another it will be highly demanding of your broadband bandwidth.

Thank you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Plusnet Help Team
Slickric211

Yeah I’ve been testing this today and I can confirm the following.

You can record 2 internet channels at the same time and watch a Freeview channel.

Or

Record 1 Internet and 1 Freeview whilst watching another either Internet or Freeview channel.

Note: If you are recording 2 internet channels and try to watch a third internet channel, you will get asked to cancel one of the recordings.

Bandwidth usage is around 1-1.5 MB/s per HD channel.
Therefor Recording 2 HD channels uses approx 3 MB/s or 24mbps of bandwidth, so uses a fair chunk of my 80mbps Fibre connection, but leaves plenty to spare for everything else.