cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with internet channels

JoHext

Problems with internet channels

Hi. I'm not technical at all so easy to understand answers only please  Wink I've had my yv box in my bedroom for a few weeks now and still can't get the extra channels to work. This was the reason for me getting the box so at the moment its pretty useless to me! I've seen 2 error codes IP6023 and Ip6011. My box says its connected to the internet. I couldn't get powerline adapters to work as I'm in a brand new house  and the router is on a different electrical ring to my bedroom. So my friend got me a little gadget to create wifi upstairs and the box is connected to that. I can use netflix and it streams perfectly so i assume my connection and speed is good. I've got the most up to date software and have rebooted my box multiple times. Any other ideas please? I got it so i could watch universal, comedy central and the extra kids channels. At the moment its a glorified freeview box  Cry
11 REPLIES
auto98
Grafter

Re: Problems with internet channels

Hi JoHext, I can have a look into this for you, but I am a little unsure about part of your post:
So my friend got me a little gadget to create wifi upstairs and the box is connected to that.
The YouView box doesn't have wifi on it, so how is it connected?  If it connects via an Ethernet cable, it may be that the device doesn't support multicast (the type of signal that the Internet Channels runs on), so you may need to test it by plugging it straight into the router and a TV (if possible) just to check whether the signal is getting into the house or not.
JoHext

Thanks for the offer of help. Yes - told you I wasn't technical! What I mean is a wifi extender which my YV box is then connected to...with a cable  Smiley its a netgear wn3000rp-200uks if that helps!
As I said, I know it works as I can stream netflix perfectly. Just can't seem to get my paid for internet channels  Sad
KevinG
Grafter

Quote from: JoHext
I'm in a brand new house  and the router is on a different electrical ring to my bedroom.

That does not stop powerline adapters from working, did you actually try it?
JoHext

Yes I tried it and yes it needs to be on the same ring. When I put them on the same ring they work....just not from downstairs to upstairs Sad as I said, my box is connected to the internet...says its connected and streams netflix perfectly, no buffering or drop out. Its only the extra paid for channels I can't get to work
KevinG
Grafter

There's no reason why they shouldn't work on different ring mains as long as they are on the same meter. Mine work absolutely fine across different circuits on two different consumer units.
JoHext

Well that's great but I can promise you it doesn't work in my house. They work downstairs but don't work from downstairs to upstairs so we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Smiley
It still doesn't solve my problem! How come I have internet and can stream netflix but not my additional (extra charged!) channels?! Can't anyone make a suggestion? At the moment I'm paying for HD and kids packages I can't use?!
craigknighton
Grafter

What router are you connecting to?
I couldn't get the TV box to access the subscribed channels when I used my TP-Link router, even though it would stream Netflix etc. Turns out that it doesn't support multi-cast.
JoHext

As I said the box is connected to a netgear wn3000rp wifi extender. My router donstairs is a plus net one?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 39

Hi, I think you might struggle to get your YV box to work via the wn3000rp extender. As I understand it , the extra channels require multicast support and I think that might not be possible via the wireless extender. There's a report of a similar problem with google chromecast here https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chromecast/PaQuh6C0OYw . That seems like it might have been fixed by a different version of firmware so if your wn3000rp doesn't have that f/w then it might be worth a try using that.
KevinG
Grafter

The latest firmware is 1.0.2.64, which appears to have been produced in March 2014 - don't know what you've got. The forum link (remove the "!" to make it work) suggests downgrading to 1.0.1.34, which is on this page: http://downloadcenter.netgear.com/en/product/WN3000RP#searchResults
JoHext

Thanks for your help. I've fixed it myself. Caved in and spent more money on the bt extender it says on the website it recommends and it seems to be working. Its pixel-y but its there!