cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with BT Sport and other internet channels and unable to watch recordings back from these

Highlighted
Hooked

Problems with BT Sport and other internet channels and unable to watch recordings back from these

I recently added BT Sport back on to my TV package to watch MotoGP.  However, sometimes when I switch to the channel, or any of the sport channels, including Eurosport, it's not on and says there's an issue with my broaded.  However, I can switch away from it, switch straight back and it's on.  I'm not happy it's so on/off.  Also, if I record anything on BT Sport or Eurosport, it won't let me watch it back giving error code IPC6042.  Any suggestions on how to fix this before the season starts?!

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 11

Re: Problems with BT Sport and other internet channels and unable to watch recordings back from t...

Hi @Kaz14

Thank you for your query, I am sorry to hear of the problems with your broadband.

The IPC6042 error code seems to be a failed recording code that is linked to a broadband connection. In order to try and resolve the problem there's a couple of things we would need you to do from your side;

1) Reset the router

2) When the router has rebooted, reset the Set Top Box (the one that deletes all recordings)

3) When this has completed the BT Sport Channel should be visible why you load it

4) Please try to record a 1 minute segment of the BT Sport Channel

If the recording plays back the issue would then be resolved.

Please could you let us know how you get on with it?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Hooked

Re: Problems with BT Sport and other internet channels and unable to watch recordings back from t...

Hi Katie,

I've have tried these steps and they have not resolved the issue that I first mentioned which is that when I switch to, say, channel 408, it says there is a problem with my broadband, and I cannot access this channel.  I can't record anything if I can't even get the channel!  This seems to happen with all internet channels but if I flick through enough of them, I will find one that works and then if I try going back to channel 408, it's on!  But the next time I try, it's gone again!

Please advise who I speak to in billing about this as I'm not happy about being charged for something I can't access.  

Karen

Highlighted
Hooked

I was hoping to watch World Superbikes on Eurosport this weekend but I STILL can’t access it. It gives error code IPC6011 for all internet channels.
This really is very poor service from Plusnet. Over a week now and I’m still not getting channels I’ve paid for.
Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Hi there,

I am having the same issue as you and I believe it is part of a wider problem.

If you look at my post titled "Strange problem with Plusnet Multicast" you will see that I have tried a lot of troubleshooting and now believe this to be a wider network issue.

I am chasing this up with PN.

Can you do the same please so they realise there could be a wider issue here.

Highlighted
Hooked

Will do - how are you contacting PN as I'm finding it nearly impossibe to get any kind of response from them!  

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

A ticket was raised by Plusnet based on my forum post. I have then added to that ticket based on troubleshooting I have done.

I am not sure what they plan to do next but they already told me it is unlikely an engineer visit to my home will resolve the issue.

I have done really extensive checks and tests on my system and I am convinced this is a wider issue.

(I have tried 3 Youview boxes, 4 routers, master socket connection, changed ethernet cables, monitored line statistics etc - everything else with my connection is fine).

Highlighted
Hooked

Yes - sounds like you've tried everything.  I knew that re-setting my Youview Box wouldn't make any difference!  It's just so frustrating.  I've found that if the BT Sport channels is not working, if I hunt around for an internet channel that does work, if I then click back to BT Sport, it will work!  It's like I have to trick it in to working each time!  

Don't appreciate having to pay £10 a month for a channel I can't watch consistently!  

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

Another characteristic I have found with this issue is that when I do get a channel to work, it will play fine for as long as I leave it on.

It is essentially that starting of the channel that is the issue.

In my case, I would say the channels work more than not. But I am wondering if this is a latency issue whereby if the network does not respond quickly enough, the YV box gives an error code.

It is clearly something marginal, as many times the channels do work, other times they don't (but when they do play, they play flawlessly for as long as that channel is left on).

I half wonder if something changed ina YV box firmware update. Either that or something on the PN or BT network has changed).

I also did a forum post asking anyone with Plusnet TV to do a simple test and report back to see if they are having the same issue. No responses yet.

Highlighted
Hooked

Just wondering if you've had any luck getting this fixed?  The issue I had with the channels being there one minute and not the next DOES seem to have been resolved.  However, I now cannot watch back anything that has been recorded on BT Sport.  It gives error code IPC6041.  I did have this problem previously but then the issue with not getting the channels took over!

Absolutely fuming too as I had recorded stuff whilst at work today to watch back tonight and now NONE of it will play back!!

Highlighted
Aspiring Pro

The issue does appear to be resolved for me. Plusnet did make some kind of change and they were aware (eventually) that there was an issue.

I suspect that anything that was recorded when this issue was present will not play because it never recorded properly at the time.

If recordings made after the fix are still not working, then that is likely a different issue.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 11

Hi @Kaz14

Thank you for the update.

From speaking with my colleagues previously, the IPC6011 error related to an IP address issue which has since been resolved. However, now that it has returned, I have applied a static IP to the account, to try and resolve the issue. Could you please try to watch the channels and let me know if there are any other error codes.

Whilst the IPC604 error is ongoing, its possible that anything that has been recorded won't have recorded properly and will not play back. As mentioned previously, this code is a failed recording linked by the broadband connection. We'd need to make sure that a factory reset of both the router and youview box has been performed. Can you confirm if you are using power line adapters or an ethernet cable as part of the set up? If you are using an ethernet cable, do you have another to try?

Please do let us know how you get on. -Katie

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team