Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with YV Box

macmonkey
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Problem with YV Box

We've been with PlusNet since May 2016 and have been really pleased with bothe the fibre service and the YV TV package we have.

That is until 2 weeks ago.

Over the past 2 weeks, every morning when I turn on the TV I've noticed that my YV box 'blue light' is on which is strange as the box goes into eco-mode each evening and the light goes 'red'

When turning on the TV I see the 'Maintenance Mode' screen displayed and every day for the past 2 weeks I've had to do the 'Software Reset (recommended)' to get the YV Box to boot up properly. When it does eventually boot up none of the internet based channels we have are visible in the 'Guide', the only way to see tham again is to look for a 'Software update' for the YV box, once this is done this the internet based channels appear as expected. As I say, I've had to do this every day for the past 2 weeks.

Today however this procedure didn't work. This time I had to do a 'Factory reset (keep recordings)' instead. This when the real problems started to occur.

Once the YV box came back on after the 'Factory Reset (keep recordings)' it went straight to the broadband connection 'setup' procedure as one would expect after a factory reset. It could not connect to the broadband and I had the option to 'Auto connect' or 'Manual connect'. As I have manually assigned IP addresses for all of my network devices I entered all of the data in the 'Manual connect' option. As soon as this was done I chose 'Connect', the TV screen goes black and takes me right back to the 'setup' screen again. Again, I enter the data manually and hit 'Connect', again the TV screen goes black and takes me right back to the 'setup' screen. I'm just in a continuous loop that I can't get out of.

I've even tried the 'Auto connect' option but again this does the same thing, the TV screen goes black and takes me right back to the No Broadband Connection 'setup' screen again!

I've tried turning the YV box off and manually envoking the 'Maintenance Mode' again and have tried the 'Factory reset (keep recordings)' option again, but this doesn't resolve the issue. It just won’t accept any connection details without going back to the start of the setup procedure. It feels like my YV Box is completely stuck in a loop and we are now left with a VY Box we can’t use.

Nothing has changed regarding my network setup and my Fibre connection is running perfectly

Any help gratefully received as always.

Cheers -

@MatthewWheeler

1 REPLY 1
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 405

Re: Problem with YV Box

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I'd recommend speaking with our TV faults team as we may need to send you a new box.

You can contact them on0800 013 2634 and choose option 2.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team