cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressing the 'Record' button whilst watching a programme...

FIXED
Baldricky
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Pressing the 'Record' button whilst watching a programme...

I was under the impression that when you pressed the 'Record' button whilst watching a programme it recorded from when you switched to that programme. Which could 'now' if you've just switched over or from the beginning of the programme if the programme had been on from the start. Is this wrong or do I have a fault?

My old (but overpriced) Sky box worked this way and my Humax Freesat box still does.

I'm not whinging, I just need to be clear how it should work as I haven't so far found any documentation about it. Is there a full user guide?

Many thanks.

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Re: Pressing the 'Record' button whilst watching a programme...

Fix
I thought this to, as my old box did that, but the YV boxes ONLY record from WHEN you press the button.
Good/bad? Useful if you only want the rest of the program, but a PITA if you wanted the whole program (and it had been on that channel all the time). For that you need to use catch up.
Baldricky
Dabbler

I thought this would be the case, @HairyMcbiker, thanks for your prompt response. Now I know that it works this way I can plan ahead and use my Humax and Plusnet boxes accordingly.

Cheers! Smiley

ffox
Rising Star

I tried rewinding to the program start and then pressing "Record" but it still records from "now" rather than the start!

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Hi all, I've flagged this up with our products team to query this matter.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldricky
Dabbler

Thanks, @HarryB, that would be a nice feature. The data is still in the buffer, depending on how much it can it hold, as you can rewind what you have already watched (or missed if you've fallen alseep). Smiley

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm afraid the response I've got is that this is by design and would be in the hands of YouView. I have however passed the feedback on with the comments from this thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldricky
Dabbler

I was forgetting the box is from Youview. I'm sure they could upgrade their software to keep them up with their competitors. If not in this model, certainly future ones. I know someone who has a slightly older Humax box which doesn't have this feature but it allows rewind.

Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

So what would happen if you rewound to the beginning of your program then pressed the record button?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Mook

ffox wrote:
I tried rewinding to the program start and then pressing "Record" but it still records from "now" rather than the start!

Undecided

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 27

Thanks @HarryB, the next time I'll read the thread Embarrassed