cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet youview picture

Billk

Plusnet youview picture

Hi all, i have had youview from plusnet for over a year which up to last week has worked perfectly, some of the channels disappeared last week and had to do a retune to get them back, since then i have had a lot of pixellation and sound issues on the sd channels but the hd channels are working fine if i plug the aerial cable directly into the tv i have no problems on either sd or hd channels is this likely to be a problem with the box itself,

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Fixes: 628

Re: Plusnet youview picture

Welcome to the forum Smiley

Just to be clear it's the over the air channels you're talking about and not the internet channels?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Billk

Yes it is the over the air pictures, internet channels are fine

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

HI @Billk, thanks for your post.

We're sincerely sorry to hear of this issue and for our delayed response.

In the first instance, we'd recommend following the below instructions in order to reboot the box (granted, you may have already tried this):

1) Take the power lead out of the back of the box

2) Connect the power lead again, which will place the box into standby

3) Press the power button on either the box or the remote, which will wake the box up

If this doesn't help, we'd then look at entering maintenance mode and running a software reset. We can provide step by step instructions on how to do this, if needs be.

Let us know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
Billk

Hi Oskarpapa,

I have tried what you suggested and have also retuned channels several times but problem remains, if i watch these channels with the aerial direct into the tv the problem disappears which leads me to beleive the problem is with the you view box, thanks for your help

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 284

Thanks for getting back to us @Bilik.

I'd recommend calling our TV faults team on 0800 013 2634 and then you'll need to choose option 2.

They'll be able to look at the possibility of getting an engineer out to investigate further

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team