Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet youview+ box dropping audio only on network programmes

hedgie
Dabbler

Plusnet youview+ box dropping audio only on network programmes

Hi 

my plus net box is over 3 years old and is dropping out but only on the  subscribed channels. 

The BT IPlayer and ITV Hub are fine, its just the likes of Animal planet where the sound will drop out but the video continues. it also doesnt seem to do it when the programme is recorded only when run live. The box is hard wired back to the plus net hub by cat 5 cable.

As a additional issue the remote is failing with buttons not working.

I only recently renewed my contract and so far all the old hardware seems to be failing, the hub went, now the youview+ box.

Can support fix this? Ideally without loosing my old recordings.

20 REPLIES 20
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 56

Re: Plusnet youview+ box dropping audio only on network programmes

Hi @hedgie,

Thanks for getting in touch, as the set top box is out of warranty there's normally a charge for this but as you've noted about the re-contract we'll pop a new one on as part of this for you (this will come with a new remote too). You won't be able to transfer your old recordings though I'm afraid. 

This is on its way to you and you'll receive a tracking reference by email once it's been dispatched. 

Re: the router you've mentioned, it looks like a new one was sent out to you a couple of months ago, is that not working, or are you referring to the one previous to this?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
hedgie
Dabbler

thanks fro sending the box out.

The router is the new one and it seems to be ok otherwise just this problem and some general slow downs every so often.

Thanks

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problems @hedgie. Let us know when the new TV box arrives if you're still having issues.

I've run some checks on the broadband side of things and all the speed stats look perfectly fine. There is a bridge tap testing on the line which could be causing some issues. It might be worth running some speed tests as is right now, then running them again from the test socket to see if there's any difference. It would also be useful for us to retest the line with nothing plugged into any of the sockets to see if that tap is still showing. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
hedgie
Dabbler

hi, I can arrange for you to test it tomorrow 12th July if that works, between 11 and 1. I can disconnect all the connections back to the wall including the BT modem for the fibre connection, or do you want me to just unplug the router?

If you want to call my landline number to update me that will be fine, 

Please let me know if this is possible so I can ensure nothing is connected at the required socket.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 43

Hi @hedgie,

That would be great if you'd be able to set that up for us. To clarify, we'd want to test the line whilst nothing is plugged into the socket at all, so if you could unplug everything tomorrow and let us know once you've done so, we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
hedgie
Dabbler

Hi
All unplugged at the wall, nothing connected to the line at all.
hedgie
Dabbler

Any news? I have to plug back in at 1pm
hedgie
Dabbler

please tell me if your able to do the test now? I can go an unplug if you are ready.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@hedgie,

Apologies for the delay. If you let me know I'll run it straight away for you.

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
hedgie
Dabbler

Ok all removed
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@hedgie,

That bridge tap is still there. The TV test is passing fine

But the bridge tap is still showing so I've raised this fault.

You're free to pop everything as it was, we'll be back in touch once there's an update on the fault, though there's a high chance it will require engineer access to the premises. 

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
hedgie
Dabbler

Ok thanks for checking, I will wait for the next step.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @hedgie,

I've updated that ticket as it's now pushed to awaiting engineer. If you could update the ticket with availability and let us know here once you have we'll get this arranged for you. 

Joe
 Plusnet Help Team
hedgie
Dabbler

Any newsw on a date and time for the engineer, it has been quite bad over the weekend and even iplayer is now hanging.