Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet service status page not reporting faults

Paul_Corfield
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Plusnet service status page not reporting faults

Why isn't the ongoing BTV-437 error being reported on the TV section of the Plusnet service status web page? It currently shows 'No known issues' but this fault is a known issue. Customers have been complaining for a couple of weeks at least. Instead we have to phone customer services and they never seem to know about the fault until you keep on for long enough and then miraculously they come back with some information. We keep being told it will be fixed in a few days, those few days pass, we get told it will be another few days and so it goes on. New customers are being mis-sold to because they aren't told about the fault when they sign up. They get their shiny new youview boxes and then find out the extra channels they pay up for can't be accessed. Then we find out it's an ongoing fault which funnily enough isn't listed on the service status page!

8 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Re: Plusnet service status page not reporting faults

Apologies for the lack of/delay in posting a service status regarding the BTV-437 error/problem.

We got one posted yesterday and I've had an email this morning advising that it may be resolved now. We'll be monitoring it until next week and then closing off the service status if we don't see any further problems surrounding it.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Paul_Corfield
Grafter

When I go to one of my channel pack programs the BTV-437 screen has gone but I get a new message saying the channel is not available with my current Youview subscription. So although the error isn't showing anymore, I still can't load the channels from the channel pack that I'm subscribed to. Spoke to customer services this morning and they said that screen should go once the problem is fixed so I presume based on that info it isn't fixed yet.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Are you able to run a software update on the box?

If you're no longer receiving the BTV error message, it may just be that your box needs to re-sync with our systems to show that you do have the channel pack subscription. I'm told running a software update should force this process.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Paul_Corfield
Grafter

Doing a manual update says my software is up to date. Trying all the entertainment channels after doing that still says same message, that I'm not able to view on my current subscription. My current software is

Manufacturer software 22.17.0

Component software 2.10.28

Platform configuration 1467

ISP configuration 183

Should I try a factory reset of the box? I have a lot of recordings I wanted to keep but will lose them if needs be.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

If that hasn't helped, it may be worth trying a soft reset (Which should keep your recordings)

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Paul_Corfield
Grafter

Did the soft reset and that didn't work so I did the maintenance mode factory reset (keep recordings) and that has worked. Now the youview box has set itself up I can now access all my entertainment pack channels. Smiley

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. Glad to hear it's working now Thumbs Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
qbatqbat
Dabbler

Please can you try and encourage the plusnet technical team to fix this BTV-437 problem for those of us that have recently joined - preferably before my 14 days notice to cancel runs out on Tuesday.