cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet always switches TV to widescreen

geoffrey1928

Plusnet always switches TV to widescreen

Really happy with all things Plus net....better service than BT and saving me over £25 a month.
One small little thing, when I switch on the Plusnet box, it always switches my TV to widescreen and I have to switch it back to full, otherwise much of the picture is missing, is there anything I can do to stop this happening?
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Plusnet always switches TV to widescreen

Are you using a SCART lead or HDMI ?
*Edit - if using a scart lead and you're feeling competent (or brave), disconnect pin 8 of the scart lead and see if that cures the issue - this is the widescreen / 4:3  switching pin.
jem16
Grafter

Quote from: geoffrey1928
One small little thing, when I switch on the Plusnet box, it always switches my TV to widescreen and I have to switch it back to full, otherwise much of the picture is missing, is there anything I can do to stop this happening?

Do the settings allow you to choose picture format - ie widescreen or 4:3? If so what are they set at?
geoffrey1928

I am using hdmi, I can find no settings within Plusnet to set picture format
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Can you post a photo of your TV screen?  It sounds to me that the box is doing what it is supposed to!  You presumably have a widescreen TV as you have HDMI?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

the OP has his TV set to "full scan" (or the equivalent on that particular TV).
that is NOT the same as Widescreen, which actually cuts off parts of the image top/bottom/left/right.
"full scan" shows the complete image.
no box should overriding the image settings on a TV. if the plusnet box is doing this then it should be considered a bug/fault.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I've just been through the menus and the only settings I can see that might affect this, when plugged via HDMI, are the picture resolution and the zoom functionality. The picture resolution is in the settings menu, set this to match your TV. The zoom is controlled from the remote.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team