Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV with pfSense - TV Packs Selection

djbenson
Grafter

Plusnet TV with pfSense - TV Packs Selection

Evening folks

I received my YouView box today and although it's taken somewhat longer to setup than your average user (I guess that comes from having a more than average network setup) I've managed to get my box playing nice with pfSense running on a dedicated LAN interface. Huge sense of achievement getting it running in just over an hour - there are mixed reports of compatibility with pfSense but my v2.4 install seems to be playing nicely so far.

Once question I have is about TV packs, when I log in, the site tells me my service isn't ready yet and that I should connect my box - is this just a delay thing and it'll right itself shortly or is something in my setup confusing things your end and it doesn't appear my services are active (they all, all my subscribed channels are clearing as expected).

Secondly, and something I guess I need to speak to CS about; I've been charged twice for my box. There seemed to be some confusion and they took payment twice which have both been processed.

6 REPLIES 6
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

Re: Plusnet TV with pfSense - TV Packs Selection

Hi @djbenson, thanks for your post.

We're sorry to hear of your issues.

On checking the account, it does look as though the service should become active within the next 24 hours. We're sorry for any inconvenience any delay has caused.

With regards the charges, has the money been taken from your account twice?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
djbenson
Grafter

Hi @OskarPapa

Both transactions have now cleared so there are two 50.00 debits on my account. I have responded to one of the open questions () on my account but had no response yet. It was mentioned during the call that the box would be free (the charge taken purely to get the order through and then refunded - I guess you'd need to listen to the call to find out the details, it was quite a confusing conversation I'm afraid).

The TV packs have now shown up in my account so that particular query is now resolved - just the matter of the charges for the box to resolve now.

djbenson
Grafter

I've attached redacted screenshots of the two transactions to the question referenced above.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 30

Hello @djbenson,

I am sincerely sorry to hear that has happened if that's what was discussed. I will listen to call and get back to with next course of action on the ticket above by the end of today.

Please leave this with me.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 SammyM
 Plusnet Help Team
djbenson
Grafter

Thanks @SammyM; I’m happy to pay for the initial activation fee (even though as I said, it was discussed on the call that the box would be free but I genuinely believe the agent had confused me with another customer) so we just need to sort out the double charge.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 30

Hello @djbenson,

Thanks for getting back to me, I really appreciate it. I am sorry for the experience and I have looked fully into this for you, replying here via the account.

This is due to my response containing account sensitive information, please let me know when you have responded to my ticket.

SammyM
 Plusnet Help Team