cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV web page (Feedback, not question)

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet TV web page (Feedback, not question)

The product page https://www.plus.net/tv/ is littered with marks (eg ^ † ‡ ) that would normally indicate that there is some small print to check at the bottom of the page...
I can;t see any  Embarrassed
13 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: Plusnet TV web page (Feedback, not question)

you need to expand "here's the legal bit" to see them
Will Moderate For Thanks
pwatson
Rising Star

Ah - Clear as mud then Smiley
Thanks
Fixes: 116

I found the whole page confusing as it doesn't seem clear what you are actually paying for? What channels are available in the HD package for example Undecided

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mod:note
it's heading out of the realms of feedback per se and into the questions about about TV so I've moved it.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran

The list of HD channels is confusing on that page.
This should make things simpler to understand, I hope - http://www.plus.net/support/tv/channel-packs-list.shtml

Thanks for the link, AndyH.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

pwatson
Rising Star

That page is well hidden as well isn't it!
Not sure why this has been moved out of Feedback - All posts are feedback about the PN website, not about the product itself...
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

They are available on Andy's link, however I have mentioned this to marketing. I have also made a thread which I'll sticky at the top of this board.

EDIT: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139170.0.html
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet

Thanks Matty, excellent job. Now with the full list of HD channels I may consider if it becomes available for non-FTTC or when FTTC is finally available in my area.

DSearleUK

Can anyone list the channels that I will get that aren't Freeview, aren't funded by advertising, aren't available elsewhere for free and are included in the basic package?

Quote from: MattyC
They are available on Andy's link, however I have mentioned this to marketing. I have also made a thread which I'll sticky at the top of this board.

EDIT: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139170.0.html

In the link above, anything that's "Entertainment package" however they will all have adverts.
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

That was one thing I hated when I had sky (many years ago), I was PAYING for the b******y thing and it was covered in ads as well. Every 5 min it seemed. That and the many many many repeats on it. Was why I swore I would never have it in the house again (that and the fact it kept blocking my card and I had to phone them at least once a week to get it re-enabled).
back in topic
But with the G4 box at least if you record the program you can skip the adverts. (if you have recorded the program, not on catch-up even more adverts)
markdlen

Comments about your website text regarding the FreeView TV entertainment Channels etc are pretty misleading. 
Whilst this states that the additional YouView entertainment and BT Sport Lite channels are available as part of my Fibre package as standard when I rang up to order this it doesn't seem to be "standard".
Firstly you will reduce my Fibre broadband charges by £5/month, then you add this back on again as a subscription to the entertainment channels.  The YouView PVR is provided free of change whilst on the website it indicates a £5/month charge for it.  Then I have to extend my contract for another 24 months.  How exactly is this "Standard?"
This doesn't scream to me of simple messaging, clear pricing and great value (which is what you guys have always been about). (I have a to also get rid of an expensive Humax PVR that I have had for a while - sort that out) 
I get that the legal bit does cover this but this is a lot of reading to determine whether I should really waste my time calling you up, getting a pretty unhelpful person on the phone about what I have to do to get this.
Regards