cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV to be discontinued 1 Nov 21

John_E

Plusnet TV to be discontinued 1 Nov 21

I received an email today from Plusnet saying that they have decided to close Plusnet TV from 1st November.

I'm under contract until next year so was expecting to have Plusnet TV until then.  Seems no-one will have it from the end of October though.

As with the channel pack change earlier this year the email says we're entitled to end the TV service in the next 30 days due to the changes.

Link to an announcement:

https://www.plus.net/help/tv/changes-to-youview-tv/

77 REPLIES 77
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,148

Re: Plusnet TV to be discontinued 1 Nov 21

Hi @John_E

We started to stop selling YouView earlier in the year limiting it to only those who currently have it and we've made a decision to discontinue the service for everybody, so we can focus on our core products and services. If you're in contract we can waive termination fees altogether, you'll just need to call us on 0800 013 2632 to discuss/arrange.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
SRB2016
Dabbler

I'm genuinely curious as to why customers can't just cancel online, another provider I spoke to today will match what I am paying, without the need for a phone line, plus include the TV pack, but I just didn't have the time to hang on waiting to speak to someone.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,291

You can cancel in writing - but in order to waive the early termination fees it's better to speak to someone.

Customer options generally don't have as long a wait as support.

Details for Customer options team are on this page https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/
0800 013 2632

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
sheffpete
Rising Star

Interested in who could offer a good deal that includes BT sport, BT themselves were nowhere near .....

dvorak

If they don't need a phone line, then probably Virgin?
Customer / Moderator
sheffpete
Rising Star

Still need a landline, very little mobile signal, so did ask what sort of simple BB and phone deal PN could offer and again suppliers like NOW BB were cheaper at £22 per month inc anytime calls. Would have thought PN might match any competitor to keep customers.

TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@sheffpete 

Sky themselves are doing quite amazing deals with a basic TV. phone and internet service.  There could be a further bonus to share id a friend introduces you.

A lot of competition out there for new customers.

sheffpete
Rising Star

Thanks, SKY just offered £18 for 70mb BB and anytime calls ! Order placed ...

SRB2016
Dabbler

The best deal I got a quote for yesterday, was from BT - ironic really as I left them years ago because they were so expensive. Fibre, HD Entertainment TV for more or less what I am paying PN. Don't need the landline, so the cost of that can get me fibre to the house. Nobody in the house watches Sport, so that obviously makes a big difference to any package. Can always put in a VOIP line if I find I need a "landline" number.
SRB2016
Dabbler

@sheffpete That IS a great deal
Cww45
Dabbler

I got the email this afternoon and I’m not happy , I knew the service would end but everything I read said it would continue till the end of my current contract which is next April. I only use it for Eurosport and BT Sport. Looking at the BT site they want £69 a month for their Big sport package. No way I’m paying that. So I rang Plusnet following the instructions on the email and the nice lady who took my call had no idea what I was talking about other than confirming they were told about the service ending at a team meeting last Friday.
There should be arrangements for us to switch to BT with rates to match and our loyalty shouldn’t just be ignored. Yes I know loyalty means nothing these days but as I said I’m not happy , I’m bloody disgusted.
DavRo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Yes, I thought my TV and BT Sport was going to continue until end of contract. Do any costs continue beyond 1st November? I just registered and signed into the BT Sport app on my Firestick; will that stop in November too? Not recordable though.
I think that BT is continuing with IPTV (i.e. multicast) - is that right? If so that's essentially the same service as PlusNet, though more expensive. 'Big Sport' includes Sky Sports, I think.
dvorak

No - BT sport will only be available by the app, so won’t be on multi cast.
Which also means you won’t be able to record it.
You’ll need to switch from Youview to App BT sport
Customer / Moderator
Cww45
Dabbler

Hi. Yes Big Sport does include Sky Sports but it’s the only package I can see that has Eurosport. I’m guessing as November gets closer Sky will offer something keenly priced to catch those that will walk away from Plusnet. Price it right and it’ll include me.