Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV picture duller than actual TV and Freesat

FIXED
Baldricky
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Plusnet TV picture duller than actual TV and Freesat

Hi

I've had a good look in settings but are there any controls for picture quality on the Plusnet box?

When my box arrived 2 months ago I felt that the picture quality was not as good as Sky and Humax Freesat but wasn't unduly concerned as I watch most TV on Freesat. But I'm now using Plusnet more for recording it has become an issue. It's okay for such things as 'who-done-its', comedies and soaps but a waste of time for wildlife or programmes with stunning scenery.

The picture is generally duller and not as sharp using Plusnet. I've checked the Freeview TV reception and that is as good as Sky & Freesat.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what might be causing an unsatisfactory service on Plusnet?

many thanks

3 REPLIES
wisty
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Plusnet TV picture duller than actual TV and Freesat

What output do you have set up on the PlusNet Freeview Box. In settings mine has the option of choosing 720i, 1080i and 1080p. I can see a difference between 720 and 1080, but not between the i & p versions of 1080.

The other question is whether your TV uses different settings depending on the signal source. My Samsung offers the option of setting up the picture for "all sources" or setting up the individual sources with their own profile.

If the Sky, Freesat and Youview boxes use different HDMI inputs on the TV, you might try switching the HDMI inputs. See if plugging the Youview box into the HDMI input you are using for the Humax freesat box makes any difference. There may be a difference in the inputs

Baldricky
Dabbler

Hi Wisty

I had already changed it from 720p to 1080i but there wasn't a 1080p.

I will have to check out the TV input options when no-one wants to watch anything.

The HDMI lead is something I wondered about after posting, so I'll swap the leads around. I'm aware that some leads are better than others and some work on some devices and not on others. Having said that, watching footy on BT Sport 1 over broadband seems to be an acceptable picture so I'll compare the Eurosport Snooker when it's on the BBC at the same time.

Many thanks

Baldricky
Dabbler

Fix

Yes, Wisty, I had completely forgotten each input on the TV has its own picture (and sound) settings. I now have a bright and sharp screen on Plusnet TV!

Huge thanks for your assistance Thumbs Up