cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV in another room

JimmyJam

Plusnet TV in another room

I would like to receive Plusnet  tv in another room, I have the standard package + BT Sports 2
Plusnet say they will not supply another box to an existing customer, I have internet connection in the room I wish to use anyone found a solution.
Cheers
JimmyJam
5 REPLIES
herman1234

Re: Plusnet TV in another room

I know it would also like to see more channels same as BT as plusnet is there bt there  sister company
sarczoid
Grafter

Seems plusnet moderators and staff are ignoring all the questions about additional channels....
In regards of multiroom / boxes, they will work with youview / on demand catchup, but the IPTV aspect will not.......
My router is the TP-LINK 9980, which supports multicast proxying to all LAN ports, so it should work, BUT from what I understand plusnet haven't setup the mechanism to identify and authenticate multiple boxes from a single IP currently, I spoke to them on the phone and they said it was currently being "trialled"
What I find interesting is that BT are providing these services first, then plusnet are getting them months / years later, having to do their own testing etc (Allegedly) when in reality, they know it works cause it works for BT and the system is probably the same... so just get on with it!
Fixes: 115

Quote from: sarczoid
Seems plusnet moderators and staff are ignoring all the questions about additional channels....

Moderators are customers like yourself. There have been various threads about multi-rooms and PlusNet don't currently offer it; see here and here for example.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

sarczoid
Grafter

My apologies, its my first day on the forum, I meant the plusnet staff who post on here....
I didn't realise there were public moderators like yourself  Cool
Fixes: 115

No apology necessary Cool

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still