Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV and Sky Channels?

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Plusnet TV and Sky Channels?

Hi,
I'm thinking of cutting ties with Sky and join PTV but the one thing that is stopping me is the lack of Sky Channels (Sky 1, Sky Atlantic etc) which we watch every day/eve.
Also is the on demand content subtitled and is all of it subtitled of very few?
Regards
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
19 REPLIES
ricke17
Grafter

Re: Plusnet TV and Sky Channels?

For the IPTV channels see this link (scroll down a bit): http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,139170.0.html
Not the channels you want - have you considered Now TV though?  It's pretty good.  Although you cannot watch the live channels on the YV box.
None of the IPTV channels are on catch up though and the regular channels have their own player you access - not sure about subtitles though.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Will ask someone slightly more clued up on the subtitles when he's next in. *sends email*
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Thanks MattyC and ricke17
Avoiding NOWTV at all costs as they don't care for users who require subtitles.  Very frustrating and discriminatory.
Regards
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. BT Infinity Customer using a BT Smart Hub. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs Up
auto98
Grafter

Hi,
It is virtually impossible to say yes or no on the subtitles I'm afraid.  Some of it is subtitled and some of it isn't, it is entirely down to the maker of the particular player, and in some cases the individual TV show.
ricke17
Grafter

why not send the appropriate player a tweet?  They're pretty responsive as I have tweeted them before about various issues.
Community Veteran

Missing atlantic or sky one is a big miss. It would def make the service.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

Sky Atlantic isn't even available on Virgin, so it's not gonna appear on any other suppliers channel line-up.
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

I think that Sky One has them. Or they did a few years ago anyway  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
thegame2k0
Grafter

If anyone really wants sky1, sky atlantic etc then sign up to nowtv here's a little trick which some may find helpful. Sign up to nowtv entertainment pass for £6.99p/m once your pass is activated go to cancel pass, state reason "cost too much" you will then be offered the entertainment pass for £3.49p/m for 4 months. I did this myself and have seen on hotukdeals many others doing it, hope this helps those of you wanting a few sky channels.
Also works with sky movies pass too sign up for free 30 day trial once activated go to cancel your movie pass select "cost too much" you'll be offered sky movies pass for £4.99p/m for 3 or 4 months that does vary.
Community Veteran

doesn't give you them in HD though.
thegame2k0
Grafter

Even talktalk doesn't have them in HD and i think until BT and Sky kiss and make up nowtv will be the only option for bt/plusnet customers.
The on demand stuff is infact hd and the live channels look decent on my samsung 40inch 1080p tv although that is probably down to the tv being very good at upscaling, but even on my old Toshiba tv the live channels were fine.
ricke17
Grafter

Have a look here - depending on how you access Now TV will depend on whether on demand or live TV is in HD (720p) or SD: http://help.nowtv.com/article/Streaming-Quality
Community Veteran

it's only in HD (for live channels) on the appletv.
although with the new nowtv box coming out shortly i suspect that will change.
the problem for me with all this is... i don't want to have different boxes for different channels.
i want it all in one, and for that the only supplier is Sky i'm afraid.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

For those saying NowTV - I can't due to my deafness and require subtitles.  NowTV don't have subtitles on any of their programming.
However Sky will be adding them in the next year (hopefully)
NE  Smiley