Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV FAQ

scsmith4

Re: Plusnet TV FAQ

You're a star, thank you!
rip
Hooked

Can the Plusnet youview PVR be purchased retail just like the one sold by BT?
backtofront

I don't get this - what actually is being offered here?  I have YouView already.  I just bought a YouView box and a Powerline adapter and that's it.  Why would anyone want to rent a box etc., as well as pay for delivery of this?  Why would you want to rent a box?  For years?
Fixes: 348

it's the access to the IPTV channels, PN require you to use their STB for that.

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

paulgl

Hello,
I'm currently trying to decide whether to subscribe to this or just buy a second-hand box from eBay.  I'm mostly interested in Netflix which I guess would work either way (subject to a NetFlix subscription)?  What would I be missing out on without paying for PNs service?  I guess that's at least the IPTV features, but I'm struggling to work out what that actually adds.
(I'm assuming that all of the PN additions come over my fibre connection?  The condition of my aerial is uncertain - there's one of the roof, but we use FreeSat and I've never tried the aerial - so I might not get anything that relies on the terrestrial transmission.  But I believe most of that I already get from my FreeSat connection (except Dave *sob*).)
Thanks a lot!
Paul
Den1
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

As you rightly say the only thing you will miss out on is IPTV , everything else will function as is.
demonix01
Grafter

Quote from: backtofront
*Quote Snip*

What you're paying for in the base £5 monthly charge for the entertainment channel pack, and the box is provided for free (I'm guessing that is correct, and if you cancel after your contract as run its course you get to keep the box (again, I'm guessing here) but you can't access the channels you was paying for (the free on demand services should still remain accessible).
Back on subject and just because I want to be 100% certain even though the manufacturer website has confirmed for one of them, but will the TP-Link TD-W9980 or the TL-WDR3600 work with this.
DSearleUK

I have a YouView box but don't yet subscribe to Plusnet TV. What channels will I get if I subscribe and which of these carry advertising? I want to know where my money is going! Smiley
Mayfly
Pro
Fixes: 1

After saying I wouldn't be interested I did ring they other day for more info - the email I received says 24mth contract but the website info and this thread say it's 18mth tho' the email does mention the BT sports package which I'm not interested in.
Which is it please?
I also run my smart TV via a Devolo home hub which runs fine would this still work OK?
undecim

Quote from: pwatson
Neither of the two Youview boxes have RF out to allow you to view channels on other TVs around the house.  It's also worth noting that the non-PVR box doesn't have a loop through RF connector either so will need a separate aerial feed along with the feed to the TV (if you use the TV tuner as well).
The boxes do have SCART connectors so you could use a separate modulator if you wish eg
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/programmable-universal-modulator-vh89w

Further to this reply, can the box output to HDMI and SCART and phono?
I currently have a Sky box outputting to HDMI and phono (composite) and would need the same from this box if I were to move.
Thanks
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

A bit late but, HDMI and Phono work fine together, so it is the same as your sky box.
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
undecim

Thanks very much.
dick:quote
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

from what im reading plusnet tv has to be streamed ?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Yes you have all the Freeview channels over your terrestrial arial and then there is a selection of "subscribed" channels which a classified as "Internet" channels which are streamed  Smiley
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

I have sky basic package for £19 a month that works for me Wink