cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV FAQ

Timalay
Grafter

Re: Plusnet TV FAQ

What is the specs of the Power Line adapters.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

I've added a link in to the powerline adapters giving the specs of them.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sketchmx

Quick question, I have just signed up via phone to youview+ I was told that if I went for 24 month contract I wouldn't have to pay the £50 upfront but whichever one I went for (18 or 24) if I cancel AFTER the contract period I will have to return the box?
This is different to BT so I questioned and they confirmed, no matter when I cancel they would require the box back.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Must have some residual 'scrap' value then  Wink.  I can't really imagine them sending a two year old used box to another customer so, maybe PN get them on some kind of 'lease' deal so need them returned (or maybe they hope to be able to make a bit extra by being able to charge the full box 'price' to anyone who fails to return it in time  Lips are sealed).
Edited in light of @MattyC's post.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MattyC
Champion

Quote from: sketchmx
Quick question, I have just signed up via phone to youview+ I was told that if I went for 24 month contract I wouldn't have to pay the £50 upfront but whichever one I went for (18 or 24) if I cancel AFTER the contract period I will have to return the box?

This is incorrect. You can keep the box at the end of the contract, provided that you see it all through. Will get this fed back, apologies for the confusion  Roll eyes
sketchmx

That's great, thanks for confirming, it did surprise me but the chap was quite adamant when I queried it.
dick:quote
Community Veteran
Fixes: 62

This is probably a very silly question but is it possible to watch the internet delivered channels via the computer and, if not, is there a fiddle to allow it
Fixes: 348

no and afaik no

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

benfranklin
Grafter

Unlikely, the multicast streams are encrypted.
Timalay
Grafter

Me again, will this work with the Technicolor 582n router?
Fixes: 348

yes, though it may need a firmware update.

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

MattyC
Champion

@Jim - Unfortunately not I'm afraid.
@Timalay - Should work completely fine.
scsmith4

Hi there
Am looking for some tech info on the set top boxes - the Z4 is the same as BT's basic Youview box, and the G4 looks similar but not entirely the same. Do you have manufacturer / model info that you could share? Call me a geek if you must...
Ta!
S
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Some details here.
DTR-T2120 is the recording box (I can confirm since mine arrived yesterday).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.