Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet TV FAQ

Community Veteran

Re: Plusnet TV FAQ

Quote from: MattyC
Quote from: Mav
I'm a bit confused. Are you really charging an extra £3 to get BBC1, BBC2, ITV1, C4 and a few others?

Just to clarify; all the freeview channels such as those come as standard with the box, making them inclusive of the £5 a month.

Matty,
Can you clarify if the full selection of freeview channels will become available to those who only get Freeview Lite due to being on a relay transmitter, or does the PlusNet TV pull them out of the air (where channels like Dave don't presently exist for us relay users) rather than over the fibre?
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Fixes: 238

Does either box have a working USB connection for importing/exporting programmes?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Fixes: 348

don't believe so.

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Quote from: avatastic
Matty,
Can you clarify if the full selection of freeview channels will become available to those who only get Freeview Lite due to being on a relay transmitter, or does the PlusNet TV pull them out of the air (where channels like Dave don't presently exist for us relay users) rather than over the fibre?

As it stands, you should be able to get anything that this website advises. That is unfortunately your own transmitter so there is very little we can do in your case  Embarrassed
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
rip
Hooked

I take it that this is the same box as the one used by BT and made by Humax? Does it have the same functions and flexibility as a stand alone Freeview PVR? With the new 'Freeview Play' that is being launched later this year and Humax has announced that their new PVR with 'Freeview Play' will have three tuners, I don't know whether to hold off or not at this stage and wait and see.  Undecided
Timalay
Grafter

Will you be able to get a wireless USB dongle for it?
Also is it avable to Fibre only subscribers?

Simply no and yes..

Customer / Moderator / If it helped click the thumb / If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'

Pbryanw

So, if I understand correctly, if I want to add Plusnet TV to my current Fibre Unlimited Bundle, I'll be entered into a new 18-month contract, even though I'm currently halfway through my existing 18-month one?
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

The TV contracts are 18 months when taken out new, so it would be sensible to re-contract FTTC too. Best bet is to contact our Customer Options Team to discuss  Smiley
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Pbryanw

Quote from: MattyC
Best bet is to contact our Customer Options Team to discuss  Smiley

Thanks for the reply - that sounds like a good idea!
Azzer31

Hi, I am currently a Sky subscriber so whilst I would lose lots of channels I don't watch if I switched to YouView, the loss of Sky Sports (and BT Sport) is a big drawback to switching even though there is a big price difference.  A have some additional questions:
i)  I use the RF Output from my Skybox to relay the signal to a different room so we can watch Sky there also.  Is it possible to do this with the YouView box?
ii)  I presume the Freeview will come via the existing TV aerial so does the HD come via the Broadband and as I will be stuck with a wireless or powerline connection, what if I can't view the HD without buffering? Is there a trial period if it doesn't work?
Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

i) don't know
ii) HD for BBC etc come from TV ae, the HD package comes from internet.
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Neither of the two Youview boxes have RF out to allow you to view channels on other TVs around the house.  It's also worth noting that the non-PVR box doesn't have a loop through RF connector either so will need a separate aerial feed along with the feed to the TV (if you use the TV tuner as well).
The boxes do have SCART connectors so you could use a separate modulator if you wish eg
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/programmable-universal-modulator-vh89w
Only the channels in the 400-600 range are delivered via the internet so if you can get the HD terrestrial channels now you'll be able to receive them via the Youview box (and record them if you get the Youview+ box) without paying any extra or being affected by internet speed.
dynoman
Dabbler

Quote from: Azzer31
,what if I can't view the HD without buffering? Is there a trial period if it doesn't work?

As you have to have a fibre connection to get the service you wont have any problems with buffering for the HD internet channels. It works very well.

they way it works is it's injected after the exchange (unlike iPlayer and the like) so you don't have any buffering. there is a possibility of break up or error, however that'd be indicative of a fault and pn will need to resolve that for you.