cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet BT sport app only ID Now TV stick BT app yes no !!

Highlighted
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Plusnet BT sport app only ID Now TV stick BT app yes no !!

As the title asks just curious to know if my Plusnet BT sport app only product £10 a month ID will work on the BT sport app loaded upon  Now TV stick as I can not find a definitive answer using Google search. It would be rather handy as if it did as my aging mother finding the procedure to  cast from the smart phone to Tv challenging would be handy if it was just a few pressed on remotes. She has this mental barrier with smartphones Chromecast but not remotes lol. I dont have a stick to try it ?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Re: Plusnet BT sport app only ID Now TV stick BT app yes no !!

The app works well on the Now TV black box. I would suggest if you could get one cheap they work really well. The Stick uses voice search but only on the now TV subscription programmes. They box cost £15 new, the stick is £30.

The BT app is very easy to use and is simplified compared to the tablet. No camera angles etc.

If you put the app on a tablet you can see the programmes that are on BT sport for the week.

There are other apps like the Roku app where you can see streamed free programmes.

Youtube on a tablet can cast to the Now TV box.

Highlighted
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Plusnet BT sport app only ID Now TV stick BT app yes no !!

hi  could you confirm that it is the BT sport Plusnet subscription £10 a month  ID you have working on the Now TV device BT sport app if so then both yourself and a user called SylviaB  claim it works... I just need to make sure before taking the plunge to invest in one.

I know it seems relatively easy to just cast from a device to TV to enjoy a big screen experience but I found out that the allotted 2 stream per account rule locks me out at times when casting to a Tv. When my mother casts to a TV in her bedroom  on some occasions when I come to watch in my bedroom on a device direct (none casting) I get the too many streams been used message even if my mother finished watching an closed app on her phone. What seems to occur is the system seems to think a stream is still been casted an this is only resolved by restart the phone that was used to cast. One is not sure if it is due to starting stream on phone before pressing cast icon instead pressing cast icon then starting stream, either way I was fed up with been locked out of watching 2nd stream an having to restart mothers phone. 

So if plusnet accounts work on Bt app I thinking taking plunge to buy a Nowt tv stick