cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.net TV delivered with Care by ParcelForce NOT!

mrdomis2013
Dabbler

Plus.net TV delivered with Care by ParcelForce NOT!

Just thought I would share my experience of getting YouView TV from Plus.net, I paid £7.99 for P&P of the box and was told the item would be sent by Parcelforce express 24 and require a signature if nobody was home otherwise the item would be taken back to the depot.  Unfortunately I wasn't at home when ParcelForce delivered so  they put a card through the letter box saying that had thrown it over my 7ft garden gate, I thought it was a joke but sadly when I looked in the garden the box had been thrown over the gate hitting a concrete step!, unbelievable! ( see attached pdf for photos ) On the package it clearly says that a Signature is not required! i've asked plus.net to confirm who put this label on the box? was them or Parcelforce but i've not had a response back from over this.

I have spoken to Plus.net who have said I can return the box for free and they are sending out a new one, sadly though they are going to be using ParcelForce despite me asking they use someone who doesn't throw things over fences, I also asked plus.net to send it to my partners home address instead of mine as I wouldn't be at the my house for the next few days and would miss the delivery, laughably Plus.net said they couldn't send it to another address for security reasons!, are they joking!!!!!. Can't say i'm too happy with Plus.net at the moment over their attuitde over this, sending a replacement is good but using Parcelforce isn't!, i'm worry this 2nd box will get the same treatment if i'm not in to collect it. I've contacted Parcelforce and had no response over the incident.
Personally I would prefer to use an excellent service like DPD where I can track the parcel so I know when it's going to be delivered so i'm not waiting in all day for it, but plus.net wouldn't use them.

If you look at the review of parcelforce on trust pilot you can see they have a very bad rating indeed :
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.parcelforce.com
and
http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/warning-parcelforce
Plus.net why do you use this service?, can you not give the option to customers to specify a different courier?, after all we have to pay the P&P anyway

20 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Re: Plus.net TV delivered with Care! NOT!

I'm very sorry to hear of the problem with the delivery of your Plusnet TV box. This really isn't the standard of service expected.
As the new box is already ordered I sincerely hope that there are no further issues with the delivery and I'm going to ensure we pass this feedback on to the relevant team internally so they can review what has happened.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

Re: Plus.net TV delivered with Care! NOT!

That's the exact same thing the agent said on the phone to me!
dick:quote
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

Re: Plus.net TV delivered with Care by ParcelForce NOT!

It's also what I would have said. At least it's consistent (unlike what you have been advised over the box warranty  Roll eyes )
I am disappointed with the way it's been handled in honesty, but Parcelforce are the single courier we're relying on to deliver the box. Feel free to update us once the new box arrives as I'd like to know that you're good to go.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

Well looks like they have just dumped the 2nd YouView box somewhere again today at my property!, i'm waiting to find out where they have SMS'd there driver to find out where they  left it as it clearly states on the parcel that no signature is required yet it's marked as delivered according to the depot and online tracking.
Speaking to ParcelForce they have told me the item was sent with No Signature required by BT/Plus.net, on talking to parceforce they have confirmed that this is part of the contract BT/Plus.net have with ParcelForce which is to deliver parcels without requiring signatures so why plus.net are saying otherwise is annoying.
If this item has been left outside again then please don't be surprised if I ask to return it and for you to dispatch yet another one or I may just cancel my services, I believe I am still entitled to and go somewhere else, getting sick of this messing around, people do actually have jobs and are at work during the week day, how am I ever going to get delivery...
I do feel that plus.net are nearly as much to blame as parcelforce over this now as according to parcelforce coventry depot BT/Plus.net don't even have the contract with parcelforce to ensure that parcels are signed for, yet somebody in Plus.net thinks that they do and tells their customers!, while speaking to Cov Depot they have confirmed the parcel protocol for BT, which is that  parcelforce can leave parcels without signature providing they write down on the signature for delivery as the "NSR" followed by a unique code of the parcel, that is then enough to satisfy the terms of the contract of delivery of parcels between BT/Plus.net & Parcelforce which is a joke

SORT THIS MESS OUT PLEASE PLUS.NET!

mwarby
Grafter

i wonder what happens to the returned boxes, hope they aren't repacked and sent out again, given possible damage to hard disk
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

They should be returned to the manufacturer for "refurb" then sold on.
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

That's true the problem here is that they are branded Plus.net boxes so who would want a refurb plus.net box? as anyone who takes out a tv contract should be getting a brand new box, parcelforce recon it's down to Plus.net now to  claim for damages over this. The issue being that I don't know if the box is damaged or not, I just didn't want to accept delivery of an item which had been thrown over a fence as there is a good chance the hard drive may have been compromised in some way or other component, the box is completely sealed at present so it's possible that once the item has been sent back plus.net could just go, oh that looks ok and then send it out to another unknowing sucker. I have kept the serial number which I think is unique to the youview box ( not sure yet ) if it is I will post up the serial number. I spoke to ParcelForce today and apparently my replacement parcel has been taken to the post office so I'm off to fetch that today.

MattyC
Champion

Sorry for keeping quiet on this thread this week.
I've had it straight from the project manager, and a senior guy in products who is also dealing with the TV that we always dispatch out a new box. Never a refurb or anything of the like.
@mrdomis - I don't actually think there's any Plusnet branding on the YouView boxes.
Matty
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

That is correct, I just got my replacement box today and yes there is no plus.net tv branding on it, the additional TV Channels from Plus.net don't appear to work on either despite connecting my box up to the internet and updating it, I was told by their customer services when the replacement was sent out that my tv package would automatically activate when I connect to the internet instead when I plugged the box  it in it said shows the channels in the listing but when you select them it says they needed to be activated, do I want to activate them it tells me to call plus.net to get a subscription this is rubbish now going to have to spend another 30 mins in a queue to speak to plus.net again trying to get the package activated frustrating!!, which they said would have happened, again loads of inconsistent bull from the plus.net customer services team.

mrdomis2013
Dabbler

Speaking to online chat they have told me now I have to phone you to manually activate the box, with a wait time on the phone 7 minutes in a queue first , I asked if they could call me back to activate it since it's plus.net error, and they said they couldn't because they don't have an outside line! this is joke! your a fucking phone company, and you have messed up again!, and now I have to waste more time phone you to correct it.
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

34 minutes i've been on hold for waiting to speak to someone to activate my TV and i'm still waiting, this is rubbish!
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

I didn't swear in my last post I just put  f followed by a bunch of stars guess the word : )  f star is not a swear word Smiley, however plus.net do make you want to swear, i'm bored i'm still on hold waiting to speak to customers services to activate my tv grrrrr... why so long.
MattyC
Champion

Activation shouldn't really be necessary, there shouldn't be any need for provision on our side. If you're still on the phone, feel free to put it down as I'm getting someone to call you.
FYI, the F with the stars qualifies as avoidance of the swear filter which breaks forum rules.
Matty
mrdomis2013
Dabbler

I've hung up, i'm not sure if i missed your call there was one from a private number at 17:50, i wasn't aware you were going to call me , could someone please call again to resolve this.