Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixillation and sound issues with OTA channels

FIXED
PeterGx
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Re: Pixillation and sound issues with OTA channels

Thank you for your comments. I've not tried a different HDMI cable because the problem doesn't exist for IPTV channels or Netflix/On Demand Internet sources. I've now tried putting on all four TV's in the house at the same time but this doesn't degrade either signal strength or quality (I have a Slx signal booster and we're not far from the transmitter). I'm coming to the conclusion that maybe the tuners in the PVR are the problem. Either because the signal is too strong or they are faulty in some other way.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

Hi @PeterGx

This sounds like a hardware issue with the box itself - could you give our tech support guys a call on 0800 328 4621 and they'll run you through the process of arranging an engineer and a potential box replacement accordingly.

Thanks to everyone for contributing to the thread with constructive suggestions.

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
PeterGx
Dabbler

Will do, thank you.
DS
Champion
Fixes: 22

If Plusnet send another YVbox and it does the same, I wonder if the SLx booster and being close to the transmitter is the reason....?

(like you said, maybe too strong of a signal)

PeterGx
Dabbler

You could well be right, I'll post the outcome and very many thanks for everyone's input.
DS
Champion

I'll post the outcome

I for one would like to hear what it is/was.  Thumbs Up

(plus future readers whom find they have the same issue may find it helps them solve theirs too)

very many thanks for everyone's input

Well from me, it's been a pleasureWink

PeterGx
Dabbler

I think I may have found the cause of the problem. A recent article on the Devon Live website reported a similar story from another local resident. It seems that although Digital UK are denying it the Beacon Hill transmitter has suffered momentary drop outs and pixillation since the last update. Needless to say I will also be reporting this issue to Digital UK. Below is a link to the article for any who are affected/interested.
https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-news/torbay-man-couldnt-watch-line-2752586?utm_source=sharebar&...
I'll update when Digital respond.
DS
Champion

Wow, wasn't expecting to find that out!!

As part of your comms with them, highlight it's affecting a dual tuner PVR (needs to be able to 'see' different channels, to be able to record 2 channels at the same time)

Hope they admit it and do something about it

Highlighted
PeterGx
Dabbler

Fix

At last.... the problem with the Beacon Hill transmitter appears to have been resolved. After a very persistent campaign by a local TV retailer, including taking his PVR to the engineering team at the transmitter, the engineers admitted they had a problem. The fix was introduced earlier this week (must have been complicated as it's taken more than a month to resolve) and I've suffered no repeat since. Hopefully as the updates to the digital signal are rolled out in the UK, other regions won't suffer the same issues. Many thanks again to everyone who contributed to this thread.  

DS
Champion

That's great news! Smiley

Thanks for coming back to let us know.

Hopefully you will now be able to enjoy using the PVR without issues Thumbs Up

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 270

Glad to hear that this issue is resolved!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team