Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering TV

FIXED
gwynedd
Grafter

Ordering TV

My broadband has just gone live. Last week I was told I could order TV as soon as it was active.

I've just phoned to order and was told I may not be able to order for 2 weeks, or it may be a few days.

I already had a call booked with CS who were going to phone me next Monday to order the TV service ( broadband has activated a day early, it was originally scheduled for tomorrow).

I am not pleased with the conflicting information, and if I had known I had to wait so long for TV I might have gone elsewhere for my broadband and phoneline.

There is no mention of the 2 week delay anywhere that I can find.

5 REPLIES 5
gwynedd
Grafter

Re: Ordering TV

additional question to my original post,I was hoping to get BT sport on plusnet TV .

If I get the BT Sport app now, will I have to cancel and pay for BT sport on plusnet TV when my TV service is operational. 

My other option is to get BT sport via Sky, which I could organise if I have to.

So if I get the App, can I switch to other BT Sport optiions without having to pay another monthly fee.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 854

Thanks for getting in touch @gwynedd 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues ordering TV from us. I've been looking into this with a colleague and the problem is that there are limited supplier records showing for your line which is telling our system that there's no fibre available. This is preventing us from adding a TV package to your account.

I've raised what's known as a records query with our suppliers to investigate further and I'd expect a response within the next 24 to 48 hours with regards to the next steps and what needs to be done to fix the problem.

If you buy the BT Sport App in the meantime, we will need to remove this when we come to order TV/YouView because the BT Sport App is included in the BT Sports channel pack so you won't be paying twice.

If you choose to buy BT Sport over Sky, this is completely separate to BT Sport over YouView and the App so you'd be paying an additional fee to take out this (£9.99 for standard def, and £12.49 for high def)

Depending on how urgently you'd need BT Sport, if you can leave this with me I should be able to provide a more accurate estimated timeframe shortly on when we'll be able to order TV on your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
gwynedd
Grafter

Thanks Gandalf, seeing as how I just had fibre installed today, you'd think they'd know it is available.

I did a speed test when it went live, and it was approx 40mbps, I've just tested again, and it's 21.5.

Hopefully, that will improve, as I am on Unlimited Fibre Extra my speed is estimated at 33 - 50 Mbps.

I would like TV asap, so if you could expedite that would be great.

thanks

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to us @gwynedd 

Line records are normally updated automatically within 24 to 48 hours following a phone line being installed.

I'm doing what we can do get these updated manually although it's likely not to be any sooner.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Hi @gwynedd I am happy to confirm that records have updated and we are now able to order TV on your account.

If you would still like YouView from us, I'd recommend calling our customer options TV team on 0800 0113 217.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team