cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordering BT Sport on Sky - Viewing card already exists

10megaton

Ordering BT Sport on Sky - Viewing card already exists

I am unable to order BT sport on the Sky platform as I receive the message 'Sky viewing card number already exists' when submitting the form. I spoke to customer services, and was passed to four different individuals none of whom were able to help, or even know who or which team in Plusnet might be able to help resolve the problem.

The Sky viewing card was previously used for BT Sport when I was last a Plusnet customer a few years ago, so it is possible that it might still be registered in the Plusnet systems against my old account?

I have contacted both Sky and BT and they are both adamant that there is nothing they can do, and the problem is at the Plusnet end.

Would someone be able to get this support ticket assigned to someone that knows what needs to be done?

The open question number is 195761999.

Cheers.

7 REPLIES 7
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 36

Re: Ordering BT Sport on Sky - Viewing card already exists

Hi @10megaton, sorry to hear you're having trouble activating the BT sport channels.

I can see that the ticket has been assigned to the relevant team to look into this issue for you.

Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
drwarrowsmith

I've just ordered Fibre Broadband and am having the same problem when trying to order BT Sport on the "order BT Sport from Plusnet on the Sky Digital Satellite Platform" page. Filling out the form it states: "Sky viewing card number already exists", which is rather obvious, I already have Sky!

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 113

Hi there and sorry for the issue, I'll try adding it for you,  is it SD or HD that you wanted? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
drwarrowsmith

Hi Adam,

SD please.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 36

Hi @drwarrowsmith,

I am afraid it cannot be added as your services are not live yet. Please drop us a message on here once you've broadband is up and running and we will try again for you.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
drwarrowsmith

Plusnet fibre broadband started service today so I re-entered my details into the BT Sport on Sky form. It accepted the Sky viewing card number but is now saying I need a new viewing card. How long will this take? I want to watch BT Sport by, at latest, tomorrow. If it takes longer than that then I want to cancel my order.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

Hi @drwarrowsmith, thanks for getting in touch.

It looks as though a new viewing card has since been issued out to you and if not with you already should be with you shortly/.

Regards

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team