cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Tv and BT Sport - do we pay PlusNet?

Highlighted
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Now Tv and BT Sport - do we pay PlusNet?

Now tv will be showing BT sport in the near future.

According to the Now Tv website, a customer will pay for BT Sport through B.T. and not through Now TV .

My question is , should I wish to view BT Sport via Now Tv because I am a PlusNet customer and PlusNet is part of BT,  will I pay PlusNet.

I currently pay PlusNet to view BT Sport via the sky platform.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 153

Re: Now Tv and BT Sport - do we pay PlusNet?

BT Sport over NOW TV and BT Sport over Sky TV are separate BT propositions. Plusnet have no immediate plans to offer BT Sport over NOW TV.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Highlighted
Dabbler

Two users on this forum state they using there plusnet BT  app only product ID on the Now TV stick and it works can anyone else confirm it works before I purchase one. Please only reply if you are having success with a Plusnet BT app only product £10 product not the plusnet BT TV  Youview with app access product Im only interested if the Plusnet app only product ID signs in and works on Bt sport app bundled on Now TV stick.

Highlighted
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi @nufclad147 

I have a Ruko 3 and the BT Sport app works on it with a PlusNet BT IP. I've also used a Chromecast dongle casting from my tablet

Hope this helps

Dan.

Highlighted
Dabbler

Good to know Dan I have ordered a Now tv stick should arrive early into the week hopefully my pensioner mother will find much easier to use then the android box app which  as stated wont work with box remote she struggled to use a wifi air mouse an keyboard  so hopefully she find life easier. She has a year left of a sky Q contract so maybe when that runs out will utalized the sky chs she really only interested in sports an this would half her sky bill going off todays prices.

As for casting she managed that ok an really was an ideal solution however  an I cursed the gods over this ,, when casting  from her phone or tablet to tv  on odd occasions when starting a 2nd stream on 2nd device using the 2 stream allowence it would report  too many streams been used message... yet other times she could cast to tv an I was able to use my device in bedroom fine . When the message did show only restarting the phone an start cast again allowed 2nd stream I had a  fiddle on an not sure if it was due to starting stream on bt sport phone app then starting the cast caused it  an casting to tv before starting app stream stream  ressloved it  but either way found it unreliable for reasons blocking out use of the 2nd stream usage allowance. So fearing not been able to tune into the 2nd stream allowence when out as mother was casting  I got me spare android box out draw an fired it up with Bt sport app for her biting the bullet that it was a little harder for her to operate.

Hopefully this stick will now resolve this issue...Im not looking forward to  aging lol