cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now TV App Has Been Upgraded

Highlighted
Grafter

Now TV App Has Been Upgraded

Can confirm if you do a upgrade on box(some it might happen during the night automatically) manually, the Now TV app has been upgraded so all passes are accessible and in full HD if you have the boost option. Happy Days! 

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Rising Star

Re: Now TV App Has Been Upgraded

Yes its great news but will the now tv channels go onto the main tv guide as i have seen somewhere that on normal youview boxes the now tv channels are on the main tv guide.

It would be handy if that will happen on PN boxes as will save going into the app all the time.

Highlighted
Grafter

I'd love it too especially for recording too at the moment it's BT only who get that due to it been them who got the agreement with sky. Maybe one day soon they'll pass it onto plusnet especially as they own us.
Highlighted
Grafter

It has and it’s awful, 3 nights I’ve tried to watch the new pope, after buffering issues plugged in my now tv box and perfect. Live channels seems better than box sets oddly. YouView box has also been rebooted, stream rate on new Pope s all over the place. I want to use the youview box aswell to get rid of now tv box.
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 70

Hey @tolmie35,

Thanks for reaching out to us here.

Just to clear things up so we're giving the right advice - are you noticing the issues on the Youview TV box or the now TV box? If Youview, have you tried a soft reset? Does it occur on any other channels or box-set? Is your connect set up via Ethernet or do you use WiFi?

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Maddy S
 Plusnet Help Team

Highlighted
Grafter

Hi there, not use it in a few days as given up but tested lastnight and it was perfect so hopefully it was just server loads from the new devices and now ok.

Plusnet box is wired only and thats how its connected.

Highlighted
Grafter

Spoke to soon, went to watch the new pope ep 6 tonight and once again the 4 coloured circles spinning round once I picked the program. Ended up watching on my sky box, issue has remained since launch day.

Highlighted
Grafter

Just to further update this.

Lastnight I went to my watchlist to watch the new pope, tried twice and spinning circles, tried another program that was in my watchlist, same issue, rebooted box tested same method and again same problem, doenst even list the episodes, circles spinning at that point.

Then I decided to find the programs by manual effort and going through channels and picking sky atalantic and then finding the program, all the episodes for that program then listed and I was able to watch. So it looks like a bug with the Watchlist.

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good afternoon all! Apologies for the late response. If you are still having issues after trying a soft reset for the box please contact our Technical support team on: 0800 432 0200 Opening times are: 07:30 to 22:00 Mon - Sun.

Kind regards, Matthew

Matthew Bullimore
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Grafter

Is there any chance us Plusnet TV customers can get the Now TV channels integrated into the TV listings rather than just the app? Be alot easier if BT/Sky could allow it for us too. You'd think given who Plusnet are owned by it was surely possible and be discussed?
Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 142

@JAK92, it's not likely I'm afraid given the commercial agreements that are in place.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵