cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing recorded

gemuk83
Hooked

Nothing recorded

I've been away on holiday since last Monday, returned today & nothing has been recorded since Tuesday. The series links are all still set up in the scheduled page. Is this a known problem or am I just unlucky?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 21

Re: Nothing recorded

HI @gemuk83 welcome to the forum. What a shame no-one bothered to reply to your first post here.

I've no idea about your problem I'm afraid, as I don't subscribe to Plusnet TV. Hopefully a few others will reply now the thread has a new post Undecided

Community Veteran

A bump from me as well. I haven't got my PNTV yet, should be in the next week or so. Anything that irons out any issues in the mean time is good with me. @gemuk83 have you asked customer services directly? As useful as this community board is it is still only a community board. Contacting PN directly should yield better results (Hopefully)

Community Veteran

After posting ^that^ it dawned on me, what state did you leave the youview box in when you went away? Standby/Off? Not sure how these things work but would the box wake itself from it's power saving mode?

gemuk83
Hooked

Hi, thanks for your replies. It was left in standby mode but it was on the red light when I got home. Not sure if there's a set time it would do that. As I said we went on the Monday, well it was 3am so it had been left since the Sunday night at around 8pm then had recorded up til 9pm on the Tuesday then nothing else. I've had no problem with it since being back but not left it more than 12hours or so. Maybe we had a power cut! Only things we have that would indicate that are the microwave & cooker clocks but they're never set so I wouldn't know!
Community Veteran

Hmm, not sure. Looking through the TV section I spotted this earlier on. Not sure if this issue is person specific or verified by PN with there only being one post and no replies. Could it be related? were the channels you were trying to record freeview channels or ones you get through your broadband?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 165

Apologies for the delayed reply on this thread.

Have you noticed any problems when trying to view the channels that the recordings failed on?

If the channels are working as normal, could you try recording something on one of the channels as a test please.

If it works on a test recording, it may have been that you were just unlucky that it failed while you were away, but if it still doesn't work, it would best to try a soft reset (This should keep your current recordings).

Some of the other troubleshooting tips here may also help.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Just an off-the-wall thought on this as I don't have this TV service so don't know any detail, but would a power interruption at any point after setting up the record times etc but before the recordings took place cause this sort of problem? It's something you could test yourself by setting up a recording and then turning the power off for a few minutes and then turn it on again all before the recording.

gemuk83
Hooked

Sorry for the delay in replying. So I tested that theory by setting something up then turning the box off & on again and the red light remained on & it didn't record so possibly a power cut while I was away turned the box off & it stayed off. However I've come to turn it on this morning & the red light is on & it's taken ages to get it to come back on & we definitely haven't had a power cut in the night so I have no idea why it's done that now!
Finally on the subject of recording, a recording that was scheduled for Friday night changed itself to record a repeat on Sunday night. Why would it do that?! There was no clashing or anything so that totally confused me! Other than that I've had no other issues with recording since I've been back from my holiday.
Community Veteran

gemuk83 wrote:
Sorry for the delay in replying. .......... However I've come to turn it on this morning & the red light is on & it's taken ages to get it to come back on & we definitely haven't had a power cut in the night so I have no idea why it's done that now!

No need to apologise, you reply when convenient Wink  Again, just an off the wall thought - did you cancel the test recording you set up? If not, may be that's why you got the red light?

gemuk83 wrote:
Finally on the subject of recording, a recording that was scheduled for Friday night changed itself to record a repeat on Sunday night. Why would it do that?! There was no clashing or anything so that totally confused me! Other than that I've had no other issues with recording since I've been back from my holiday.

I'm afraid I have absolutely no definite ideas on that, it'll need someone who uses the service and box to see if they've had anything similar. I know you can set some boxes to do series recording, might it be connected to that in some way? (a default setting maybe?)