cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing Delivered - Call Not Returned

jamesven

Nothing Delivered - Call Not Returned

Hello,
I signed up the plusnet tv on 17th June. I was told the youview box would be posted the next day and I would receive a tracking number.
By 26th June nothing had been delivered and I had not received a tracking number.
I phoned plusnet on 26th June. I was passed between 3 different people, and between being on hold was on the phone for nearly one hour.
The 3rd person I spoke too said he had no way of telling if my box had even been posted, but that he would phone me back.
It is now the 1st July and I have not been phoned back, and I still do not have a youview box delivered.
I am not willing to spend another hour on the phone as it is already clear that there is no procedure within plusnet to deal with this.
Is anyone on here from plusnet willing and able to take some basic responsibility for this and make sure my youview box is posted?
Thanks,
James
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 110

Re: Nothing Delivered - Call Not Returned

I'm sorry to hear about the delays.
I'm just looking into this now to see what's happening.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Any updates then  Grin
jamesven

I finally received a box yesterday, but it's a box which can't record T.V, which is not what I was offered.
I was contacted by plusnet on the 17th June as a sales call and I was told I was being given a special offer where the £50 activation fee was waived and I would receive a box which could record T.V.
Now, as it was Plusnet who contacted me with this offer, I wasn't at the time aware that plusnet had a youview box which can't record and a youview+ box which can, I hadn't looked into it.
So, either someone has messed up and not sent the youview+ box which was offered, or misselling has occurred and I've instead been sent a non-recording box wouldn't have had an activation fee to begin with. By definition the £50 activation fee could only be waived on the product which has that fee, namely the youview+ box.
Either way, I've now got a box which can't record T.V, and only signed up to the unsolicited sales call on the basis that I was going to receive a box which can record with the £50 activation fee waived.
I just tried to phone up to talk about this, but there is a 30 minute wait before I even talk to someone, and on my previous experience above I would only get passed between 3 people over an hour and eventually spat out the other end without resolution, which is how I ended up on this forum last time.
I appreciate some could say I'm still getting a good deal, but that's not that point. It's not what I was offered, it's not what I signed up to, and the customer service is really very bad.
I don't want to be locked into having a non-recording box for the next 2 years, or be retrospectively charged £50 to receive a youview+ box which I've been told was waived.
I've been very happy with plusnet up till now, but this is really bad, and I would like somekind of quick resolution to this, such as being sent a youview+ box, and a prepaid packaging to send the other one back only once I've received the youview+ box, with no retrospective £50 charge applied.
Thanks.
James

jamesven

I finally got through to plusnet on the phone, and they accepted I should have been sent the youview+ box, as the offer I was given by phone was that the £50 activation fee would be waived, and as it's only the youview+ box which has a £50 activation fee, that's the only box which the offer could have applied to.
Now I've just got to wait and see if it really gets sent, or if this is going to be a weirdly ongoing groundhog day of t.v boxes and offers not arriving and/or getting mixed up.
Fingers crossed.
jamesven

I'm now being told I haven't returned the original youview box, and I'm being threatened with a £99 charge.
I returned the youview box on 11/07/2015. I have a receipt from the post office which I can provide.
I am getting very tired and annoyed by this ongoing dreadful customer service from plusnet. My original order for a youview+ box didn't get delivered, I spend an hour on the phone trying to resolve it. I was then sent the wrong youview box, and had to spend another hour on the phone, and is the reason why this youview box was returned, and now you're not acknowledging receipt!
I am getting tired of having to spend hours resolving these ongoing admin fails.
Nothing much has been done right at any stage of this process of getting signed up to plusnet tv, and I'm beginning to wish I never had. I will not accept being charged £99 for an item I have already returned. It's becoming quite disgraceful.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 12

the only point i would pick up on is that you have proof you sent "something", but you don't have proof that the item was actually delivered (unless you got it recorded and signed for).
so it is entirely possible that the item you sent has indeed not been delivered as of yet.
jamesven

I have just spent yet another hour on the phone, I have sent the proof of posting, but even with proof of posting the person I spoke said they may still attempt to take £99 from my account.
I was told to get proof of posting and to use the returns bag they sent, I have done everything they asked of me, I was not instructed or advised to do anything more.
I was sent the wrong box in the first place, it was their mistake, I've done exactly what was asked of me.
The onus is on plusnet to find the youview box, not me, and to immediately stop heading down this path towards financial harrassment for mistakes which at no point, or in any way shape or form, have been my mistakes.
I am not a well person, so this is starting to make me feel quick sick in my ways than one, all I want is a working t.v service without layer after layer of mistake after mistake by plusnet compounding on top of each other.
I would like to say it couldn't get any worse, but based upon the complete mess so far made of things, this is looking like just the start of plusnet screwing up a sick persons life.

Community Veteran

based on your last comments it would probably be best for everyone if you cancelled the whole deal.
jamesven

What would that achieve? Then they may claim I've kept the youview box, and if I tried to send back the youview+ box that may get lost too and they'd charge me for that too, as it's been more than 14 days since I subscribed they'd then add more charges on for cancellation, so I could end up with a bill for hundreds and hundreds of pounds and a legal dispute on top, and no boxes at all!
I've already given my old freeview box to charity!
I just want to be left alone to watch t.v and for plusnet to stop digging itself into a hole which it expects me to sit in.
If they can just do that and leave me alone to watch t.v while feeling sick I would be quite happy to forget this mess.
The twiated irony is that it seems BT are actually handling the shipment of boxes, and I actually switched from BT to plusnet precisely because of poor customer service at BT.
I think plusnet may have effectively been infected by the poor customer service at BT as a result of outsourcing handling of this service to them.
Community Veteran

you do know that plusnet are part of the BT group, they are subsidiary of BT.
jamesven

I didn't know that, how strange.
I previously used BT and had an ongoing problem where the ring tone on my phone stopped working, and none of the numerous phones I plugged in would have a ring tone either, so the fault was obviously at their end somehow (as dial tones and ring tones are all triggered by a centralised system nowadays).
It wasn't exactly that they had indian call centres (i really have nothing against outsourcing abroad or elsewhere in principle) it's more that although we were all supposedly talking english, they couldn't understand my accent, and I couldn't understand there's, and they wouldn't deviate from script, and for weeks kept insisting it must be my phone which didn't have a ring tone.
Eventually they called out an engineer and the problem was at their end, the exchange had wired up the wires the wrong way around or something, resulting in no ring tone with any phone.
Anyway, given this language barrier and the refusal to deviate from the idiot script for weeks on end before eventually calling out an engineer, I thought I would go with plusnet on the basis they have u.k call centres and don't just communicate from a robotic script (which effectively becomes no different to automated call handling).
Silly me for thinking things would be much better.
Maybe my ill health is making this seem a bit worse than it is, but it's still a total wind up by any standard.