cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 'premium' entertainment channels

wanderyonder
Grafter

No 'premium' entertainment channels

So I received my Youview+ box on Friday and connected it up. It all seems fine so far, except I cannot find any of the 15 'premium' entertainment channels (i.e. Discovery, Comedy Central, British Eurosport, etc) which are supposed to be included as standard.  I have tried a channel retune and switching the box off and on, with no success.
Why are these channels not available to me?
21 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: No 'premium' entertainment channels

Do you have it connected to the internet? That is how it gets the extra channels.
Fixes: 101

also which router are you using?
Will Moderate For Thanks
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

It might not have been activated (correctly) at Plusnet's end, are you using a Plusnet router, if so which one and which firmware version, if not what router do you have?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.

even if not activated correctly, they should still appear guide.
Will Moderate For Thanks
wanderyonder
Grafter

Yes it is connected to the internet. I am able to use catchup services fine with the Youview box.
I am using Plusnet's Sagemcom router 2704N .  The firmware version is 7.275.2_F2704N_Plusnet.
lenfish
Dabbler

Same as me, no premium channels but everything else ok, including internet connection to the box. Tried it with my Billion 8800NL modem/router (properly set up for multicasting) and the PlusNet Router/ BT modem but no joy. Have raised a question with support, suspect it is something at Plusnet's end. 

are the premium channels appearing in the guide?
Will Moderate For Thanks
wanderyonder
Grafter

Have just spoken to Technical Support. After going through diagnosis tests, it appears there's an issue with the configuration between the Youview box serial number and the Plusnet customer account. They are aware of the issue and the need for a fix. They are receiving calls from other users with the same issue. But its likely to need a software update, so it won't be fixed overnight.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

You could try a manual software update (in the settings menu somewhere), it might just force the box to download the correct software / settings.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
iamlauraa287

I'm having the same problem, after over an hour on chat with them they established that there is nothing wrong and will need to send an engineer out and when I asked if this will cost me they said 'I will phone you and we will discuss'. I'm not paying for an engineer!
I've tried everything they've asked me to and still nothing!
lenfish
Dabbler

Very unsatisfactory and I'm still awaiting a reply to my support question. Looks like I'll have to ring them, 30 minutes wait time last time I tried, although judging by previous posts on here I'm not going to get very far! Sad
Brodick

Having the same problem. Have been advised by Customer  Service that this is indeed an ISP configuration issue and that I will get a status update on 1st July. Not a good start with Plusnet TV.
wanderyonder
Grafter

@iamlauraa287 and @lenfish : Go into 'Settings' > 'System Information' > 'Software Versions' , and note the number for 'ISP configuration' . Report this number back to the support staff you call and ask them to check it. The chances are that this number on your box is wrong, and is indicative of a configuration issue. If so, it could save you an engineer visit.
lenfish
Dabbler

Thanks for that, will give them a call.  If indeed it does turn out to be a PlusNet fault I trust those involved will be compensated in some way, after all we are paying for something we can't get at the moment. One of the downsides to being an early adopter I suppose.