cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Subscription Channels

Fixes: 337

No Subscription Channels

Posted on behalf of @Gilzean10

New to forum and find it very unclear how to reply to a post. The tiny advice examples are of no use whatsoever. I want to ask about not having subscription channels for 2 weeks now....cut off by Plusnet for a 2nd time. Took 7 weeks to get them up when I moved,nobody had a clue what to do until a [CSA Removed] did it in 10 mins and was livid nobody had been able to do it previously. Rang multiple times before sucess happened then lo and behold they cut them off...took 3 weeks almost to re-activate them and then 10 days later they were off again. Have spoken multiple times and e-mailed Plusnet with very little success. I have now spoke with Ofcom and my solicitor to take action against Plusnet.....2 weeks and not one call back from any of the TV Team. Only option left is not to pay my bill until the problem is resolved. Btw done resets etc etc etc about 25 times to no avail. Not impressed by the customer service dept it really is inept.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

12 REPLIES 12
Fixes: 337

Re: No Subscription Channels

Moderator's note:

@Gilzean10

I found your post in the Library section and have copied it's contents to here as there appears to be no way I can move it.

I attempted to PM you giving details of how to post but that option is turned off.

I started a new post on your behalf. If you would like further advice don't hesitate to turn on PMs and let me know.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 283

@Gilzean10 I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I can see some background work has been carried out which should have resolved this.

Are you still seeing issues?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gilzean10
Hooked

Nothing resolved and no phone call for 10 days now. I have given up and will cancel my subscription with Plusnet....truly awful and inept.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 283

Sorry to hear this.

Have you tried carrying our a full factory reset of the box?

If you're unsure on how to do this there's a guide here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Gilzean10
Hooked

I have a Humax DTRT-2120 box and could not see instructions for a reset however this happened via Plusnet and when [CSA Removed] did it talking me through it and doing something at the Plusnet end it worked but unfortunately someone turned them off 10 days later and now 16 days later I still have no Subscription Channels...crass incompetence wouldn`t you say soHuh I see loads of people have a similar problem and all you get told is "we have an issue at our end(Plusnet)" but nobody can tell me what it actually is.....sounds like pure Company waffle to me. When I asked a Manager would he purchase such an unreliable product he did not answer...his silence said everything!!!.

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

Hi @Gilzean10 

I have looked into your account and can see that the issue is currently sat with the correct TV Faults team. 

Having said this, I understand that the SC's have not been working for a lengthy period of time, therefore I have attempted to re-provision the channels myself. This should kick the subscriptions back into play, so long as there is nothing more serious which is causing this issue (TV Faults will continue to look at this and my re-prov will not affect their work). 

Please let me know if there is any change to your service as of now. 

Kind Regards, 

MoR

MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
Gilzean10
Hooked

Still no change in status,have decided to give up with Plusnet,not competent enough to provide what their contract says so next step is to take legal action for breach of contract.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 31

Hi @Gilzean10,

I have checked a back end system which shows that the channel packs are active however, the system is not detecting your set top box.

As the subscriptions have recently been updated by @MasterOfReality, could you factory reset the router by holding a pin or paper clip in the reset hole on the router until the light on the front goes green and allow up to 15 minutes for it to reconnect.

Once complete, follow the guide below to factory reset the set top box.

1. To access maintenance mode, the YouView box must be powered off using the power switch on the back of the YouView set top box.

2. Whilst holding the down button on the top of the set top box, the power should then be turned back on (using the power switch again)

3. The down button should be held down until a screen with Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y: Power) at the bottom appears.

4. Once this screen appears, the down button can be released and the Power button on the YouView box should be pressed.

5. Select Factory Reset, delete recordings then press the right button until the set top box starts to perform a reset.

Are you connecting between the router and set top box directly? Or do you use power line adapters / network switches? If you are connected by either of these, please connect directly via Ethernet cable while you carry out the above steps.

Once this issue is resolved, we can refund you for any services that you have not received and offer a proportionate good will gesture.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Gilzean10
Hooked

I have just been in contact with Plusnet and was told they can not give me a date when my problem will be resolved. I am apparently one of a few customers who have this problem although looking at remarks on here and other sites that seems not to be the case,but that means it`s not that important for it to be resolved quickly.We will see because straight from here I`m on the phone to my solicitor and Ofcom once again. I wash my hands of Plusnet and will cancel my subscription. An immensely incompetent company and owned by BT  but can not provide BT services,truly amazing ineptness on their behalf. I will tell all my family and friends to never have Plusnet and their truly "wonderful" customer service that wins awards...ha ha ha...yeah right oh!!!

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 716

Sorry to hear that.

I can see we've raised this to our incident management team for further investigation.

We'll update you when we know more.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Gilzean10
Hooked

Ombudsman been contacted and they will formally put my complaint forward. 

Gilzean10
Hooked

Well at last I got through to someone in the TV dept who knew what to do,maintenance reset saving recordings followed by repositioning/activating my SC`s and within 5mins all was well. Thank you to the gentleman who did it and made it sound simple to rectify. Sounds like more training needed across depts to me. Was able to watch my team win 7 nil last night. Thank you again Mr S top man you are.