cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Plusnet subscription channels

quish
Dabbler

No Plusnet subscription channels

HI I'm having issues with my Youview box,the picture and sound are breaking up on all the subscription channels I've done a factory reset and now the subscription channels dont show up at all,any help would be much appreciated

8 REPLIES
caravanj
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: No Plusnet subscription channels

Although we have the entertainment package & entertainment plus, we've hardly ever used our YV box because we also have an IPTV service on our two Zgemma satellite boxes.

However, just now, we wanted to record something on the Discovery Channel because the satellite tuners were recording other programmes but none of the subscription channels were in the EPG.

So like you, I'm at a loss to understand why as the packages show up in my account & my bills..

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Just done a rescan on the box & it shows 160 TV channels & 0 subscription channels.

The entire house is networked via a patch plate next to the router so the YV box is Ethernet cable connected & the network is showing as connected.

We also get a message saying 'We can't update your Players & Apps.'.

Catchup TV works so there's no internet connection issue.

Every other device in the house works ok.

As we've said, we hardly ever use the YV box so the subscription channels could have been missing for weeks.

A reply from someone at Plusnet in the not too distant future would be welcomed by quish & myself.

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Oh well quish, it looks like we can whistle for any help from Plusnet !

In 11 months it'll probably be TalkTalk here we come.

quish
Dabbler

I have managed to sort out my issue, after doing a reset of my router and the Youview box I still had no subscription channels, I noticed accross the top where subscribed channels there was also "extra channels" I selcted this more out of curiosity and noticed the Discovery channel was in there I selected the Discovery channel and expected to told I needed to subscribe however it magicaly  appeared as did all my other channels so my problem is now fixed

caravanj I can only suggest you call Plusnet and see if they can help you out

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Hi,

Are all your subscription channels showing in the EPG now?

It's still pretty bad that no one from Plusnet has been bothered to reply.

Yes I'll call them when I've got 5 hours to spare.

quish
Dabbler

Yes everything is back as it was before, however I'm still getting some picture and sound break up but not as bad.. I'll see how it goes before I call them
caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Well I've reset the router, restarted the YV box & rescanned the channels numerous times since my last post & still zilch subscription channels..

The YV box  correctly shows it's connected to the internet & the catchup TV works ok.

I don't know about you but I'm dreading having to call PN & have some idiot tell me to reset the router, restart the YV box & rescan the channels!!!!!!!

caravanj
Aspiring Pro

Right I think I've solved the problem but the annoying thing is it shouldn't be a problem.

Our house is fully cabled for media & Ethernet with outlets in the lounge & each bedroom & has a patch plate under the stairs where the PN Hub One resides.  

In the lounge there are two Ethernet outlets which have to serve the smart TV, YV box, satellite box, smart Blu-ray player & a notebook so we had the notebook on it's own outlet & the other 4 devices running through a hub.

It now seems that the YV box will not accept our subscription service whilst plugged into the hub so we've had to plug it into it's own Ethernet outlet & plug the notebook into the hub.

All the other devices work ok via the hub, but not the YV box.

Plugged into the Ethernet wall socket = internet connection with 72 subscription channels.

Plugged into the hub = internet connection with no subscription channels.

Absolutely ridiculous.