cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No ITV on Youview

tom1100

No ITV on Youview

Hi,
I got a PlusNet Youview box two weeks ago. Everything works fine including internet (I got it mainly for Eurosport) except that none of the ITV channels will install although they are ok on the direct connection to the TV. BBC channels are no problem. I had a Youview box from Talk Talk a couple of years ago and had no issues with that. PlusNet sent an engineer but TBH he didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing and after faffing about he left me with a shrunken picture telling me my TV was faulty. I cured that myself by re-installing the box from scratch.
My signal strength is 70% (Like I said, perfect for the TV alone and ok with the previous TT box) and signal quality is 100%. My signal comes via a relay rather than from the main transmitter. Anyone diagnose the problem, signal strength or a crap box from PlusNet?
6 REPLIES
Fixes: 101

Re: No ITV on Youview

welcome to the forum Smiley
i can get ITV both in SD and HD fine on the YouView box, so the hardware itself is capable.
Will Moderate For Thanks
auto98
Grafter

Hi Tom1100,
I think this may be the problem: My signal comes via a relay as not all of the relays relay all of the channels.
Could you put your details in to this website and see what it says: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechecker/
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

You missed the bit (my bold):
Quote from: tom1100
none of the ITV channels will install although they are ok on the direct connection to the TV.

Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
auto98
Grafter

That doesn't always matter PeeGee - I'm investigating this, but I don't think it is a signal issue as such.
auto98
Grafter

Thanks for the time on the phone tom1100 - investigating it now, and awaiting a response as we discussed.
tom1100

Thanks for your helpful call, appreciated.