cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Fibre modem

andyblac

No Fibre modem

plus net offered me PlusNet Tv to trial for free for 18 months, as i came from BT with a HomeHub5 router (build in modem), which got returned to bt when i switched. i have been using my own FritzBox 7440 router since. But as part of the trial PlusNet sent me a PlusNet Router with the YouView box, but it seems that the PlusNet Router needs a external modem. how do i go about getting one ?
Andy.
7 REPLIES
hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: No Fibre modem

on an install by plusnet a seperate modem  supplied is a  BT openreach  Huawei hg 612    ,This router is normally supplied by BT ,so it might be worth contacting Plusnet to see of they can gat one supplied to you ,failing that you can buy them on ebay,etc  or if you can get hold of a Homehub 5  and convert it to be used on Plusnet  I currently use a Homehub 4 via a BT modem
      So before spending any money try Plusnet  first they should be able to get you one
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

Not much immediate help but this might be of interest: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,140687.0.html
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
andyblac

anyone from PlusNet here ?, can you arrange to send me a Fibre modem (NOT the Router, as you have already sent that.)
thanks
Andy.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Sadly I am not at work today but if you contact us on live chat we should be able to arrange for a modem to be sent to you.
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/
 Peter Birt
 Plusnet Support Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

I've ordered a modem for you now.
It should be with you in the next few days.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andyblac

arrived today, thank you very much, fanatic customer support.
andy.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

Glad to hear you got it Cheesy
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team