cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New channels?

BenJSmyth
Grafter

New channels?

I've just been comparing the list of channels Plusnet offer against the likes of BT and Talk Talk. The difference between them is pretty large, with BT offering a number of non-Sky channels as part of their service. The one channel that sticks out in my mind as a glaring omission is National Geographic (both SD and HD). Are there any plans for channel expansion on the Plusnet service.
More channels please guv  Cheesy
Adie:red removed part that broke nda of TV trial.
13 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 109

Re: New channels?

No plans as of yet but if anything changes we will let people know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ricke17
Grafter

If there was an 'Entertainment Plus' package with more channels etc (including Discovery) then I would not mind paying a little extra for that.  It is very annoying BT have the rights to AMC  Angry
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
slickric21

Quote from: BenJSmyth
I've just been comparing the list of channels Plusnet offer against the likes of BT and Talk Talk. The difference between them is pretty large, with BT offering a number of non-Sky channels as part of their service. The one channel that sticks out in my mind as a glaring omission is National Geographic (both SD and HD). Are there any plans for channel expansion on the Plusnet service.
More channels please guv  Cheesy
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak) removed part that broke nda of TV trial.

You got your wish they now seem to be added to the Entertainment package, along with Nat Geo Wild. (Maybe even a few more I didnt cross reference the list closely)
Quote from: ricke17
If there was an 'Entertainment Plus' package with more channels etc (including Discovery) then I would not mind paying a little extra for that.  It is very annoying BT have the rights to AMC  Angry

There is now aswell !! Although there is nothing really interesting in the list that warrants an extra £3 for it
ricke17
Grafter

Pn snuck these channels in - extra £3 a month gets you the Entertainment Plus package.
To view all the new and existing channels go to https://www.plus.net/tv/faq#channel-packs
I've upgraded but when trying to set recordings for the new channels it doesn't seem to want to set them - I will reboot the box to see if that resolves it.
Cheers!
ricke17
Grafter

FYI - I restarted my YV box and all is good - currently downloading a software update too.
:-)
MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

I've been meaning to update the channel list (thanks to a nudge from one of our mods). Working on this now.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ricke17
Grafter

I have had to restart the YV box again after the s/w update and I seem to be able to schedule recordings ok now!
s1m0nh
Dabbler

Nice surprise. I think £3 for the entertainment plus pack is a bit of a joke though. If I give you back E!, can I have Eden instead?!
ricke17
Grafter

Hopefully they'll add some more channels to it.
To be fair, my combined package is £20 cheaper than the same with BT.
I'm happy.
thegame2k0
Grafter

TBF at moment get more for my money with BT TV £8p/m same channels as ent and ent+ plus btsports +hd and a few more channels included too.
However this is very good by Plusnet and i think it's only a matter of time before the few missing channels arrive and you'll see something similar to BT player arrive that offers catch up tv from ent and ent+ aswell as ppv content, so all in all very good work plusnet keep this up and i may be rejoining you when my BT contract is up.  Smiley
PeeGee
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: MattyC
I've been meaning to update the channel list

Your "BT sport lite" list and my box disagree about "availability" of Extra 2 to 7!!
Phil
Plusnet Fibre (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link TD-W9980 modem-router.
BenJSmyth
Grafter

Just wanted to post and thank Plus Net for the addition of Nat Geo and in HD too. Just in time for Air Crash Investigation's new series to start. I agree that hopefully the Entertainment Extra pack will flesh out a bit. Great to see the addition of new channels so quickly. Good work.
ricke17
Grafter

They snuck in the new channels and add on quietly - lets hope they chuck in some more channels soon!