cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New by tv app

New by tv app

Hi

How do I get my log in details for the new bt tv app? I’ve tried my YouView app username and password but I’m not getting anywhere.

Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Fixes: 850

Re: New by tv app

You don’t need to log in to the app - that’s only for bt tv customers.
Linking to the youview box doesn’t require you to be signed in
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Highlighted

It doesn’t allow you to record tv programmes from my mobile
Highlighted
Dabbler

The email dictating that I need to move to the BT app says:

"All you need to do is download the all-new BT TV App from your device’s App Store and follow the instructions in the App to be able to use with your account.

Well, I did as I was told but can I find the instructions to be followed, unfortunately not. Does the BT app Help help, unfortunately not. Strikes me that communication needs to immediately addressed somewhere down the line.

Highlighted

Surely they can’t get you to move apps and loose the tv planner to record from your phone.
Highlighted

I can record programmes from the app (took a couple of minutes to show up on the box).

Pairing it with the box is straightforward - go the settings menu, and choose the TV box entry.

My gripes are that it is a BT app and not a Plusnet app, so it defaults to showing loads of BT stuff that isn't available to us. 

Then on the TV listings, again shows many channels that aren't on Plusnet, but not showing some that are - for example, down in the sports sections there are loads of BT Sports and Sky Sports channels, but it doesn't list Eurosport at all.

I hope this is teething problems, this really doesn't feel right for a Plusnet customer.

Highlighted
Dabbler

I hate replying to posts with "I've got the same problem" but...

The only reason I have Plusnet TV is for Eurosport and with this app I now cannot record these channels as they don't show up - sort it out Plusnet!!

Highlighted

Thank you Durnok, that solution worked for me.  No need to sign in with a BT ID, just go to the settings and pair it with your TV box.  

Highlighted
Dabbler

It looks as if the BT 'Classic entertainment Pack' hasn't been switched on for the PlusNet Customers, all of the channels are missing from the BT app. default.

Highlighted
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 135

Worth folk having a read through the thread here - https://community.plus.net/t5/TV/YouView-app-removal-Remote-Record/td-p/1705856/jump-to/first-unread...
We've noted the absence of some of the subscription channels in the EPG and we're looking into it.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Highlighted
Dabbler

Hi Bob

May I suggest that either this thread (or a new one) should be named:  "Move to BT App" and the thread locked on the first community page for the moment.

It could do to have step by step instructions on exactly how to migrate as the first post and have a list of known issues.

A real shame that the notification email was so poor.