cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear R6300

davidb1

Netgear R6300

I am happy to say that I got my Netgear router working!!
I was on the the point of boxing the Humax box and PN Router up and sending them back within the 14 day period as the PN router is soo lacking in functionality. Good strong WiFi and network are more important to me than a few extra channels (I was even losing a a RJ45 port as one is used up by the WAN connection on the PN box).
Anyway, I decided to install the DD-WRT firmware for my router, there are great instructions here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_R6300v2 , and setting it up in Access Point mode, I can connect it to the PN router and gain all the WiFi from the R6300.
So the Humax is connect to the PN router and then there is a pass through to my Netgear.
I've given it a couple of days and it seems to be stable, so I'm happy for now, but I'll be continuing to see if I can get it working without needing the PN router.
3 REPLIES
stupiddeath

Re: Netgear R6300

I'm guessing you've checked that "Disable IGMP Proxying" isn't ticked? I too want to use a 3rd part router, my lynksys doesn't seem to work and now searching the forums trying to find a decent router with gig ports and manageable firewall.
davidb1

Quote from: stupiddeath
I'm guessing you've checked that "Disable IGMP Proxying" isn't ticked? I too want to use a 3rd part router, my lynksys doesn't seem to work and now searching the forums trying to find a decent router with gig ports and manageable firewall.

Yea, believe me I spent a lot of time trying to get it to work, the stock firmware just does not support it. I'm sure that if I can find out the IGMP ports that needs opened up for PN TV, I should be able to get the DDWRT to work directly using IPTables commands.
rtho782
Dabbler

Just hit this brick wall myself with an R6300v1, but I've used DDWRT on it before and hated it, I found the wireless was poor etc. Perhaps it's better on the v2.
I had been meaning to order a Draytek 2860ac anyway as I have two FTTC lines, and this will let me have a hardware device anyway.
Hopefully it will give better results.