Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netgear D7000

ricke17
Grafter

Netgear D7000

Hello,
Has anyone managed to get this router set up for pn TV?
Rick.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
47 REPLIES
kdhuk
Grafter

Re: Netgear D7000

ricke17 - if you have any success with this (I'm following the D7000 thread on kitz forums) then please post it here.
ricke17
Grafter

Still waiting on the rubbish Netgear support to get back to me.
ricke17
Grafter

So I have had a partial response from a netgear representative who has been liaising with some plusnet beta testers who have been using the D7000.
This is the first reply I have had:
"Previously the Plusnet beta testers did not have IPTV service. So the D7000 will not auto setup IPTV for Plusnet.
If you are using Youview box, the settings might be same as BT. Could you try this?
Run Setup Wizard, select Country = UK, ISP = BT and run auto genie, follow the instruction, it will setup the IPTV automatically. If confirm BT works for him, then we will add IPTV auto config for Plusnet in next FW release."
I emailed this back:
"Ok I will give this a go - in setting up the ISP as BT I will probably have to change the log in details so I get get online.  Also, can you confirm that I will need to use an ethernet cable connected to LAN4 to go to the Youview box?  My current set up (on the ASUS is as follows:
LAN 1 - 10 M Ethernet Cable to a TP Link switch (behind the TV) - this connects Apple TV and other devices AND the Youview Box
LAN 2 - NAS
LAN 3 - NAS
LAN 4 - Empty
If I am correct, then I need to use LAN 4 ONLY for the Youview box or can I continue using the set up I currently use for the ASUS (see above)?"
And have just had this reply:
"Please connect Youview box to LAN4 by an Ethernet cable."
I will give this a go shortly and post back on here.  it is annoying that it appears you lose an ethernet connection on the back of the D7000 just for the Youview box though.
Will post back if I am successful or not.
Rick.
ricke17
Grafter

FYI - tried what was suggested and although I can connect to the internet the Youview box cannot - have emailed this guy back to see what else he suggests (if anything!).
Rick.
ricke17
Grafter

Those who have been following my "drama" with Youview & IPTV will be happy to know that thanks to a forum user on kitz, I now have a contact at Netgear whom has been emailing me various things I should do to congifure the D7000 so that IPTV will work.
Nothing has worked so far - last email said (and sorry for his poor English):
"Hi Rick,

OK. using a app to play IPTV from internet.
I maybe know where the cause. The IGMP should bind to WAN1(Internet interface), rather than WAN2 (IPTV interface).
I will send you a test FW to try tomorrow, which make the IGMP bind to WAN1."
Can someone decipher what he means?
And if it means what I think it does, then this test f/w should allow me to use my current set up, which is as follows:
LAN 1 - 10 M Ethernet Cable to a TP Link switch (behind the TV) - this connects Apple TV and other devices AND the Youview Box
LAN 2 - NAS
LAN 3 - NAS
LAN 4 - Empty
Currently, he suggests that I can only use IPTV on 1 LAN - thus, the configurations I have been using is as above but LAN 4 has an ethernet cable connecting straight to the Youview box.
This is becoming such a mission!
Rick.
kdhuk
Grafter

I see you've also posted this on kitz...and you're likely to get a better answer there than you could get from me....I pretend to know a certain amount about routers
but not the complete picture.
Keep going because I think you maybe near solving this--- Netgear could then upgrade the firmware so the rest of us with Plusnet Youview can use this as an alternative all in one modem/router.
This new router seems to be getting pretty positive reviews in most places
Good luck.
ricke17
Grafter

If the new f/w works, then I will deffo post here and the other forums.
have you bought this router?
kdhuk
Grafter

Not yet...I'm more likely to- if you can get yours working for IPTV
ricke17
Grafter

I'll let you know if this test firmware works- he is due to email it over to me tomorrow.
If it resolves my issues then am not too sure if and when they will release it to everyone, so I will keep it on the computer and can always email it over to you.
Rick.
ricke17
Grafter

So I tried the test firmware and still no luck.
Apparently netgear has 1 UK based C/S person and he is away until the 10th August.  I am ready to box this up and send it back, but will hold off until this person returns.
If there is any other pn person with IPTV and has it working please do let me know as I am following everything this other Netgear guy is telling me to do but it just won't work!
ricke17
Grafter

Another update (sorry!).
So the UK Netgear guy is on the case - I had another test firmware to try, and this time youview connected to the network, I could play bbc iplayer (etc) but still the internet channels are not showing up.
The reviews of this router are awesome and the speeds of the wifi I experienced are breathtaking. 
I will keep you guys updated.
Rick.
kdhuk
Grafter

Quote from: ricke17
Another update (sorry!).
Rick.

Don't apologise.......... keep going
Also I notice that Netgear (UK?) are directly responding to (negative/problematic) reviews on  Amazon UK for this router
ricke17
Grafter

I didn't notice on Amazon, will go have a look.
The support I am getting from Netgear is via email.  I would so much prefer telephony support, but it seems everything is done by email (which is a shame).
ricke17
Grafter

I'm still nowhere close to a solution - it'd be good to know if anyone with a Netgear D6400 has managed to use PN TV with it and are willing for Netgear to make contact to see how they done it.  That way it'd help people like me (and others) who want to use this router instead of the provided one.