Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix app wipes out and returns to tv

FIXED
sirhcb
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

Netflix app wipes out and returns to tv

The netflix app has worked for quit a while without and problems untill tonight and now I log into Netflix ok, click down to watch anything and as soon as it tries to load the program it just crashes out and returns back to the tv / app main page.

The test of the internet passes all ok and connection os 24meg (nowhere near the 40 I used to get untill Bt decided to give my nice fast line away to somone else,I was disconnected for 5 hours and once I was reconnected I was on a [-Censored-] line with less than 30meg connection)

I am now having to use my mobile phone to stream netflix to my tv becuase of the problem I have with this Youview box & Netflix problem

Internet seems to be fine, connections test ok. my tablet, laptop and mobile all connect and work with netflix it`s jusy Youview & netflix thats playing up.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Shep41
Pro

Re: Netflix app wipes out and returns to tv

Have you tried updating the youview box. I had similar issues and doing an update to the apps and players cured the problem.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 58

Hi @sirhcb

Thanks for getting in touch.

As @Shep41 has suggested, this does sound like an app issue, so I'd recommend ensuring that both the app and the YouBox have been fully updated to the latest software versions.

Let us know how you get on.

Best wishes

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
sirhcb
Dabbler

When I do the update software the box says it is up to date software wise and was last checked today but when I try the app update it just fails (every time) with an error please contact such and such and has been like that for weeks but the Netflix app says it is running UI 20190707 so it must have been updated less than a week ago (I am not in the house beside the box so am working from memory here) I have rebooted the box. I have ripped the power cable out while its on etc but its still the same. maybe Netflix changed summit and the box has or is not able to speak to Netfilx correctly but can pass the server tests and speed tests ok.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 58

Hi @sirhcb

Could you please post the full error message from the Netflix app here?

Thanks

Dave

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Dave G
 Plusnet Help Team
sirhcb
Dabbler

there is no error from the Netflix app, it just crashes out back to the app selection screen when I try and watch anything. I can log into any of the user accounts, look thru all the programs and films and no matter what gets selected to watch as soon as it is selected to play it just bombs out / exits Netflix and returns to the app selection page.

In Netflix / Help/ Network test it passes all with green tick marks, gives me a speed of 24meg  etc

I will be home in about 20 mins so investigate this further.

Chris

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

OK, let us have the information if it happens again @sirhcb.

Thanks - LF

Tahir M
 Plusnet Help Team
sirhcb
Dabbler

Fix

I checked last night and an update was available. Please restart to update apps and software or words to that effect and once it had rebooted I logged into the Netflix app and checked the version to find that had been updated to UI version 20190710 and is now working as it should. cheers PN for the update and getting me back on track.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 283

Glad to hear it's all sorted!

Let us know if you have any further issues

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team