Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving over to SKY (BT Sport again!)

Pete_uk
Grafter

Moving over to SKY (BT Sport again!)

Hi all

I'm going to move over to the dark side and start to get my television from the boxes floating out in space.

I intend to get Sky and BT Sport, but how would I transfer (if its possible) my account to Sky?

Also, how long between cancelling PNTV and it actually stopping, as I dont want a gap between the two.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
agedgopher
All Star
Fixes: 14

Re: Moving over to SKY (BT Sport again!)

You don't transfer your account to Sky.

The procedure is that you sign up with sky for the package that you want. Sky as the gaining ISP then have to handle everything else, they tell Plusnet that they are taking over the providing of the service and Plusnet will send you a "  sorry you are leaving us" letter.

Everything is handled by Sky.

Do not give notice to Plusnet because that could leave you without service for some time whillst waiting for cease orders to complete.

DavRo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

From your question I assume you're moving your broadband and maybe phone as well as TV.

I'm also trying to decide what to do for BT Sport: BT, Sky, or stay with PN and live with the limitations of the BT Sports app on an Amazon Firestick. May I ask - did Sky offer you a better deal than BT, which appears cheaper?

I originally came to PN from Sky because their prices rose ridiculously. But I prefer satellite for TV - more reliable. I already have 2 dishes.
Pete_uk
Grafter

Thanks both but I will be keeping my broadband with PlusNet, it's just the TV side of things.
DavRo
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

If you're not moving ISP then it should be simple. I don't think you need to tell PN at all. You might get a few £££ refund by cancelling PN TV once Sky TV is working.
Gandalf
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 1,138

Hi @Pete_uk We can remove your TV service immediately with no termination fees so it may be worth asking us when you've got your TV with Sky up and running. When the time comes, I'd recommend calling our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 as they're the best people to do this for you. Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
TeeGee
Seasoned Pro

@Pete_uk wrote:
 will be keeping my broadband with PlusNet, it's just the TV side of things.

I too use Sky for TV and PN for internet. I may have mentioned elsewhere that I got a £10 BT Sport offer from PN to take up before 31 Aug which I have done. It is only the App but unlike Sky programmes you can stream it to a TV from your phone , tablet or Roku in excellent quality. 

Sky may not be cheap but it works, faultlessly. I have had it for 30yrs and they give me a good deal when I play the "poor OAP" card at renewal time!

Pete_uk
Grafter

OK, thanks you all for the replies. I was just wondering if my BT Sport subscription I have through PlusNet TV could be transferred to Sky or if I would have to cancel it and start again.    

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 83

Hi @Pete_uk,

I'm afraid that the subscription would need to be cancelled and then requested again through Sky. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Pete_uk
Grafter

Hi again, what options should I go through to cancel YouView? Would it be 'Do you want to upgrade your package'?
dvorak
Fixes: 1,285

You need to speak to the customer options team.

Details for Customer options team are on this page https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/
0800 013 2632

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 47

Good morning @Pete_uk

As per @Gandalf 's previous post, best way to get this done is to give our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
Pete_uk
Grafter

It's the thinking of leaving option, thank you all 😀