cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Plusnet

FIXED
boise7

Moving from Plusnet

Thinking of moving from Plusnet after several years but have a Plusnet Youview box with many hours of recorded programmes. These recordings are not from Plusnet Internet channels but the mainstream free-to-air channels.

If I move suppliers does this mean that I have to return the Youview box? or can I pay a fee to retain the box for future use?

Any help would be appreciated..

10 REPLIES 10
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 89

Re: Moving from Plusnet

Fix
boise7

Many thanks, MisterW.

wisty
Pro
Fixes: 7

If you move to BT and take up their BT TV product, a factory reset (retaining recordings) on your existing YouView+ box will make it work with BT. At least that's what happened to me. You don't get BT's 4K channel, but everything else seems to work.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 726

Welcome to the community forums @boise7

I'm sorry to hear you're thinking of leaving us. Mind if I ask what's swaying your decision?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
boise7

I am just seeing how I stand should I wish to join TrueSpeed which is looking to provide FTTP in our area in the near future.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ah ok. Those FTTP speeds are pretty nice. Is there a WBC FTTP product showing as available at www.dslchecker.bt.com which you could order through us?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
boise7

Yes but your fees are extremely high since it is 'on demand' and any request is treated as a one off.

Truespeed are targeting rural communities in SW England for FTTP and will only install where 30% of community takes up the offer thereby making it cost-effective should it happen.

I don't believe BT are interested in rolling out FTTP, rather than 'FTTP On Demand', generally unless you know otherwise.

Highlighted
Community Veteran

Unless I missed a change, Plusnet FTTP customers aren't able to order a TV service, are they?

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That’s a good point @Jaggies I’ll admit I did forget about that. :sad:
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran
Fixes: 42

And you both seemed to have missed the point that only FTTP on Demand is available. The OP seems to be talking about a private FTTP provider.