cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Channels

tolmie35
Grafter

Missing Channels

Hi there, just recently Im having issues with channels breaking up, for example BBC News HD constantly breaks up and says weak signal. I have another tv that has its own built in tuner using the same tv arial and it has no problems at all with the same channels, any ideas.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
djcjuk
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Missing Channels

You say you are using the same aerial for both signals.  Do you use a preamp splitter to separate the connections. I have one that gives me 4 signals and it boosts the signals by about 14 dB.

This year there have been major changes to Freeview making way for more mobile signals. When this changed they now use channels that were not used before. In London they have started using channels 23 to 37. This requires a wide band aerial. That is the ones with X type elements. Not all multiplexes are the same power.  BBC news on London tx is 200 KW but News hd transmitter is at about 80% of that power.

If you go to ukfree.tv and find what tx you are using it will give you the power of each multiplex. In London we have one multiplex that BBC 4 hd is on which has much less power, this means you get high error levels on it. When the errors get to high the picture breaks up.

Cliff.

tolmie35
Grafter

Hi there, thanks for the reply. I managed to fix it yesterday. I turned the youview box of completley and disconnected the arial at the wall socket and then turned it all back on, now working.

Thanks

tolmie35
Grafter

Spoke to soon, watching 4sevenHD and lost signal again for a second and then it came back on, very very odd as other tv is completely fine and nothing has changed in 3 years. Seems to be certain channels so im not sure if the signal strength has changed for some.

djcjuk
Grafter
Fixes: 1

On my Crystal Palace TX , 4 sevens hd is only 43KW output compared to BBC1 which is 200 KW power output.

Cliff

tolmie35
Grafter

Def an issue with youview box, tested Samsung TV upstairs on same aerial and no issues at all, both just cabled straight to aerail, nothing in between. Someone more in the know telling me that youview boxes made by huawei had poor tuners.

tolmie35
Grafter

Can confirm 100% that its an issue with the youview box from plusnet. I have a Now TV box with a tuner in it, brought that down stairs and tested that and no issues what so ever, Mr Plusnet what happens now.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 37

Hi @tolmie35,

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing these issues. As I can't see that you've already tried this, I would recommend rescanning for the channels in the YouView box settings. To do this, simply go into the Settings Page, then select TV Channels. Once on this page you should see the option to "Retune Channels" and if you select this it will start to rescan for the channel signals.

Please let us know how this goes and whether or not you continue to experience any further issues so that we can investigate further if needs be.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
tolmie35
Grafter

Ive rre scanned 3,4 times and no difference, someone told me that the tuner in these boxes is not very good so I'm not sure if another box would even resolve this.

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 37

I'm sorry to hear that's not fixed the issue @tolmie35. One other thing that we would suggest you try doing in this situation is to perform a factory reset of the YouView box. A guide on who you can do this can be found here and you will need to follow the instructions for the Plusnet DTR-T2120 model to enter the Maintenance Mode first.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team