cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Channels vs BT TV

nickh
Dabbler

Missing Channels vs BT TV

I'd like to move to Plusnet TV from Sky, but it seems strange that BT YouView customers enjoy a better choice of channels when Plusnet is owned by BT.
I'd happily pay more to access the most channels possible, it'll still be cheaper than the £46 joke of a Sky bill every month.
Specifically, the channel 'Watch' seems to be the deal-breaker for my wife, which is on BT TV. I really don't want to have to switch back to BT just for this.
11 REPLIES
ricke17
Grafter

Re: Missing Channels vs BT TV

I currently subscribe to PN TV - and, like you, would be happy to pay a little more to access channels like Watch.
Hopefully we will have more channels.
Fibre Broadband 80/20, Netgear D7000
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

If it is "BT Specific" then it will probably not appear, but if it is a generic channel then it may. E.g. BT sport wasn't specific as they sell it elsewhere.
They are being quiet about any new channels at the mo.
ricke17
Grafter

I am often pestering them on twitter or on here.
I think we will get more channels.  I am guessing that once they have ironed out any issues etc, they may be offering this for new customers to tempt them to PN - by then we should get more channels. 
If you look at Talk Talk they have the most, but I think they are in cahoots with Sky anyhow.
Annoyingly, AMC channel is exclusive to BT when it launches and doesn't look like this will come to us anytime soon.
garpunkal
Dabbler

I especially love my new PN tv, but would very much like to see a better selection of entertainment channels in comparison to BT TV.
e.g. Comedy Central Extra, MTV Music, Gold, Watch, Alibi, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Lifetime, H2, Movies 24? 
Even offering a movie package upgrade I would be interested in...
ricke17
Grafter

Hopefully something will be done.
TV player are about to introduce a subscription plan with some of the missing channels that would be good to have on PN TV. All starting at a fiver a month: http://www.a516digital.com/2015/07/tvplayer-launches-premium-add-on-service.html?m=1
nickh
Dabbler

Thanks for the 'TV Player' link. Looks like they will have a better selection of channels, for the moment at least.
I'll probably get a 'TV Player Plus' subscription when it launches until Plus.net match their service to BT.
ricke17
Grafter

Annoyingly, although TV player shows up on channel 241 on the you view box it is not supported.
So you can only watch it on your actual TV itself.
I'm like you, as it claims to have catch up capabilities, I'll subscribe until PN sort their channels out.
I did have a twitter convo with the guys at TV player and they said there is no HD streams currently planned. Which is a shame. But they indicated that there may be plans for some sort of "cloud recording". We'll see.
Apparently they're launching soon.
gbear45
Grafter

Quote from: ricke17
I am often pestering them on twitter or on here.
I think we will get more channels.  I am guessing that once they have ironed out any issues etc, they may be offering this for new customers to tempt them to PN - by then we should get more channels. 
If you look at Talk Talk they have the most, but I think they are in cahoots with Sky anyhow.
Annoyingly, AMC channel is exclusive to BT when it launches and doesn't look like this will come to us anytime soon.

I agree, I think plusnet TV would be an even better product with the "UKTV" suite of channels,though I know plusnet is very conscious, on its pricing points in the market.
ricke17
Grafter

Hopefully they will figure something out.
Maybe there will be a drive for new customers in the run up to Christmas with new channels being added/announced!?Huh
We can dream!
higgles
Dabbler

Well, today BT have added all of the UKTV channels to their lineup.  I wonder if Plusnet will add these any time soon.
http://www.a516digital.com/2015/08/all-10-uktv-channels-now-available-via.html
ricke17
Grafter

I noticed that too.
Fingers crossed.