Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managi g BT Sports app.

djh22
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Managi g BT Sports app.

I understand the BT sports app is on a 30 day contract, some months I might want it some I might not, so does anybody know how customers manage the BT sports app , ie turning it on/off etc. ? I cant see anywhere on my account to do it.

Ta,

Del.

14 REPLIES 14
adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 51

Re: Managi g BT Sports app.

Hi @djh22

you should be able to add the BT Sport App to your account here: https://www.plus.net/sportapp/not-available/

I am aware of some customers having issues with this though,in that an error message can appear asking you to call in. In which case, our Social Media Team are able to add and remove it for you if you were to reach out to them, or by posting on our Community Forum Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
djh22
Rising Star

Re: Managing BT Sports app.

Thanks Adam, no there's no mention of the Sports app on my account at all and that link just gives me a phone number to call,can it be added to my account  please ? Otherwise I guess I'll just have to call in to change it.It's a bit expensive to keep it on when I don't need it, It's ok for a while yet though.

Ta,

Del.

adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for your response @djh22

Yeah I've taken a closer look into this and have found that the components on our end are unconfigured which is likely to be causing the issues that you're having. I'd recommend giving our Customer Services Team a call on 0800 432 0200 to get this sorted. They're not all TV trained though, so let them know what you're calling about from the off set to save time.

Adam
djh22
Rising Star

I've just had an email saying that the BT sports app has been cancelled,I didn't ask for it to be so why has it been cancelled and can it please be restored immediately. 

Thanks.

adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi @djh22

Thanks for reaching out again, and I'm really sorry to hear that your BT Sport App is not working.

I've tried to re-add the component on our end, but keep getting greeted with an error message stating that this cannot be done at the moment. I've raised this matter with a colleague who is now also investigating. I'll be back in touch with a further update once I have it.

Adam
djh22
Rising Star

Thanks Adam but I did not say it was not working, I said that I had had an email to say that it had been cancelled.

I am actually wwatching the Rugby on Sports 1 now and it's working fine, but I do not want to have it cancelled.

Thanks.

adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks @djh22

Can I just confirm, are you watching the rugby via your BT Sport over Youview, or are you using the App itself? There's still an issue on our end, where the apps are not showing up as billable components, so once I've received a response, I'll raise this with our Billing Operations team to prevent any further issues down the line.

-Adam

Adam
djh22
Rising Star

Yes I am watching BT sports one on my TV via a Fire TV stick purchased yesterday.

I am also able to watch Bt sports through the BT sports app on my android tablet and phone.

I am no longer able to watch BT sport or Plusnet TV on my Youview box.

I must admit it was very confusing the way the agent did my re contract last week,she kept phoning me back saying she got it wrong.

Following advice from another agent I had to phone BT to get the Sports app working.

I just want a seamless service  with all my products from Plusnet, which unfortunately it has not been since I re negotiated my contract last week.

adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks a lot for confirming that @djh22

I'll raise the issue with your BT Sport over YouView to the relevant team as well, I've also raised a question to our Billing Operations team to see whether they're able to re-add the BT Sport App onto the account on our end.

Please accept our apologies for the confusion and inconvenience this matter has caused, we'll hope to have it resolved for you as soon as we can.

Adam
djh22
Rising Star

Thanks Adam, I don't think I can get BT sports on my Youview box because I have a discount on my Broadband package. This is why I hade to have the BT sports App.That is what several other agents have told me.

Can you tell me where you got my account details as I don't think I gave them during this thread or is my forum username some how inked to my Plusnet account ?

adam945
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The component is on your account @djh22  - however from a contractual prospective, I really wouldn't be able to help to be honest.

In regards to your account details, staff members have an option to view the associated account with your Community forum profile.

Adam
djh22
Rising Star

I can't see a TV or sport component on my account but I did notice the it states my present contract ends 11th August where as I thought I re contracted from 2nd July as per the email on 16th June. I also had confirmation of the BT sports app order on 17th June.

Interesting about the account information, thanks..

dvorak
Fixes: 1,291

If you've recently re-contracted you will have lost YouView.

PN have stopped selling YouView and on re-contract will remove it, if you wanted to keep it you should have been advised to pay the out of contract pricing.

BT Sport is available, but through the app only.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
djh22
Rising Star

Yes I am aware of that Dvorak and this is what I'm saying to Adam,but thanks anyway..