Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Free to Air HD Channels

FIXED
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Lost Free to Air HD Channels

Switched my youview box off and the ethernet adapters by the mains which I regularly do about once per week otherwise my IP channels get a bit clunky but when I knocked it back on all the FTA HD channels had no signal as in BBC, ITV, CH4/5 HD. Retuned the box and unhid all the channels and now none of them are found. According to the postcode checker everything should be working although check the attached image. Other TV's in my house are fine so I've factory reset the box and still nothing.

Going to try a NOWTV box on that aerial connection later just to see but is there anything else I can try. I don't use any boosters at the moment.

3 REPLIES 3
Fixes: 658

Re: Lost Free to Air HD Channels

have you tried plugging the aerial from the youview box directly into the tv and seeing if that receives signal ok?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
DaveyH
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 11

@AWB70 wrote:

Switched my youview box off and the ethernet adapters by the mains which I regularly do about once per week otherwise my IP channels get a bit clunky but when I knocked it back on all the FTA HD channels had no signal as in BBC, ITV, CH4/5 HD. Retuned the box and unhid all the channels and now none of them are found. According to the postcode checker everything should be working although check the attached image. Other TV's in my house are fine so I've factory reset the box and still nothing.

Going to try a NOWTV box on that aerial connection later just to see but is there anything else I can try. I don't use any boosters at the moment.

If you've channels showing no signal the absolute last thing you should do is a retune.. Because now you've purged the box of the parameters for those channels

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Fix

Started working again, strange one. I plugged in a NOWTV box I had sitting around and scanned for channels on it and it found all the HD channels. Plugged the aerial back in the youview box, scanned again and it found them this time. Couldn't really have plugged the aerial directly into the TV without getting some coax and connectors because of the way I have it set up. I have outlets on a false wall so to reach the tv I would have had to take the TV down and draw the cable back up.

Maybe I should have just waited it out and tried searching for channels every now and again. Ah well, lost all my recordings and up for an interesting evening of hiding all the channels I can't get again.

Not sure what you mean by "last thing to do is rescan" when channels have no signal, surely that's the only option you have no?

Thanks anyway.