Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Loss of output

Community Veteran

Re: Loss of output

If I drop my internet connection the multicast errors still happen and the picture still breaks up.. So there are problems with the multicast.

Community Veteran

A hard reset of the OR modem (pressing and holding the reset button) seems to have fixed the issue...

This is all getting rather silly.

DS
Pro
Fixes: 7

I thought you were using a Plusnet Hub One?

If so, and purely out of interest, why are you still using the OR modem?

Community Veteran

Nope - still on the old OR modem and the TG router - never got an upgrade shipped. Had a hub zero to trouble shoot some issues but it proved totally unreliable so I sent it back....

DS
Pro

Oh, my bad Sad

(it must have been mentioned on someone elses thread I'd skimmed through)Embarrassed

Plusnet Help Team Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 14

Hi @SteveA,

I can see that the new Hub One router has arrived and you have now set this up. I can see that you have mentioned that you were experiencing continual packet loss from last night, where are you loosing the packets from? Could you perform a trace route please and post your results in the faults ticket on your online account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Ben Babinski
 Plusnet Help Team
Highlighted
Community Veteran

The one I left running overnight showed all the loss was between the hub1 and the PN gateway.

I left one running and I'll post the results onto my ticket when I get home.

DS
Pro

A quick thought from me regarding your YV box .... if you're not fussed with monitoring yet one more thing...?

By default it's off, but if you go to Menu -> Settings -> TV Signal & Quality -> Picture Quality Alert for Internet Channels and turn this on, does the box throw any error message up on screen?

If it does, posting the error message up adds to the evidence...

Community Veteran

@DS - its turned on. Most of the time it reports no errors at all....

Looks like my router rebooted  just over two hours ago.... and the packet loss has gone.... IPTV seems to be OK at the moment.

DS
Pro

<paces (wheels in my case) up and down wearing a deerstalker> Interesting Watson Steve. I'd of expected the YV error messages to coincide with the errors you're seeing....

Community Veteran

Yes you would - the completely black screen (like you get when you first switch over to an IPTV channel) is very odd too...

DS
Pro

Can't argue about it being odd.

I know PNYV requires 15Mbps and runs on the BTV system/platform ... but I'd expect picture break up ... juddering ... stuttering ... pixleation but not complete nothingness Undecided

If and when the error message pops up, try and get a picture of it. Also when the screen it black, have you tried changing to another IP channel?

(I know, clutching at straws)

Community Veteran

The total lack of output lasts for maybe a second or two max .... get some image corruption, then a black screen, and then the image comes back (sometimes with some corruption as it rebuilds, sometimes it just comes back totally). The only message I get is the usual "There is a problem" error message - it rarely appears even when I have break up and never appears before or after the blackout.

Rising Star

I get the same thing Steve, but I am convinced that it is an issue with my powerline network. You describe it exactly though.

I have tried moving the power line adapters around, trying a different brand etc, can't seem to resolve it.

I have an experiment to try converting it to wireless (but it's a bit convoluted). Will see if that works!

Community Veteran

@jafreer - no power line adaptors here - cable from the YV box directly into port 2 on the Hub 1.