Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing channels

FIXED
TTman
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 1

Losing channels

I am having problems losing channels  on my youview box. I usually have 165 channels but suddenly find that there are only 104 channels. Channels missing include BBC1HD,BBC2HD , ITV3, Chalenge to name a few. If  i retune they comeback but then after a few days dissapear again. Any suggestions as to what is happening and any cure??/

11 REPLIES 11
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 55

Re: Losing channels

Hi @TTman

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. If you haven't already I'd recommend going through the troubleshooting guide for Missing YouView Channels that can be found here. Please let us know if these checks don't resolve the issue and if any error codes appear so that we may investigate further. 

Thanks, 

MoR

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 MoR
 Plusnet Help Team
TTman
Seasoned Pro

@MasterOfReality  Thanks for the reply. Have had a quick look at the troubleshooter. Will go thro the checks over the next few days then come back to you and let youknow the result. Need to go thro the wiring as and try and simplyfy it as before the youview bax it was quite complicated!!

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

Thanks for getting back to us @TTman.

That's great - please do let us all know how you get on.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team
TTman
Seasoned Pro

@OskarPapa  Hi have now done all the checks I can now. The setup is the arial is plugged straight into the box ,no wall socket.

A 4G blocker is fitted betwwen arial and box ( I was getting picture breakup on bbc1 bbc2 itv, this cured that problem, ther was still some breakup on channels further down the guide say itv3 but as didnt watch often did not worry about these. Signal strenght bbc1 99%, quality 100%, ITV3 strenth 68% ,quality 67%. If I plug the arial straight into the TV (panasonic TX32) missing out the box and check the signal strength on the tv all signal strength on all chanels are 100% and quality 100% so NO problems on any chanel. This point that the problem is with the youview box. One other thing I noticed was when arial connected to the box if I touched the the arial socket with arial connected the picture whatever chanel broke up ( Dry joint on the arial socket maybe?). Looking forward to your thoughts

John

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi TTman,

Thanks for getting in touch with that information.

It does sound like there's something going on there and I'm just wondering if there's any interference coming down the aerial or perhaps even stemming from the box itself. I've raised a ticket here for the relevant team as well as some information about the engineer which you'll need to agree to should it come to an engineer having to visit. At this stage we are simply asking for further information. Please can you respond to the ticket and the Technical & TV Support team will then be in touch with a further response.

Let us know if you need anything further.

Thanks - LF

Tahir M
 Plusnet Help Team
TTman
Seasoned Pro

I have an open ticket 192798537 in which an engineers appointment had been booked for me on the 17/08 between 15;00 and 18;00. unfortunately I will not be at home at 15;00 but will be home for16;00 so I rang today to try and change the appointment got thro to a csc quickly who said he would tranfer me to team who could deal with my appointment but I would be on hold for about 5 minutes.... after over AN HOUR on hold I gave up!!!  Can you get the team who would deal with this to change the appointment between 16;00 and 18;00 or to change the day of the appointment...NOT impressed!!!

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 723

Hi @TTman 

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to see the difficulties you're experiencing with re-arranging your engineer appointment. I'm afraid that the latest slot on the Saturday is between 3pm and 6pm.

Could you update your fault ticket Here with 2 or 3 days/timeslots of your further availability for an engineer to visit? The days in case you're unaware are Monday to Saturday and timeslots 07:00 - 09:00, 09:00 - 12:00, 12:00 - 15:00, 15:00 - 18:00.

Once you've responded feel free to nudge us over here and I'll then re-arrange the appointment.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
TTman
Seasoned Pro

@Gandalf  Thanks for your help, have just updated the ticket with other dates so heres a nudgeThumbs Up

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 723

No problem and thanks for getting back to us.

I've booked your engineer appointment for 19/08/2019 between 12pm and 3pm.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
TTman
Seasoned Pro

Fix

@Gandalf and others the engineer arrived today ok and after checks, changed the youview box as that seemed to be the problem...Everything seems to be working ok now.. Many thanks to you all for your helpThumbs Up

Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 54

That's brilliant news, @TTman!

Our resident wizard @Gandalf will be thrilled once he returns from leave. (Who am I kidding, he probably already knows!)

Please let us know if you need any further assistance, we're never more than a few clicks away.

Owen P
 Plusnet Help Team