Looking at cancelling BT Sport?

FIXED
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 921

Looking at cancelling BT Sport?

Hi everybody,

We’re looking at what we can do for our BT Sport customers and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
75 REPLIES 75
Highlighted

Re: Looking at cancelling BT Sport?

Thanks Gandalf.

I hope this will be immediate suspension of the charges for BT Sport as a minimum?  There is no live sport, and will not be any for months.  We are being charged for a service we are not receiving, and there are numerous consumer protection laws under which this would fall. 

BT Sport may say they're showing re-runs, but that is not acceptable - re-runs are available for free on numerous websites.  We pay for BT Sport to watch LIVE sport.  No live sport, no charge.

Highlighted
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Thank you,  hopefully suspending payments will be an ideal solution.

Highlighted
Rising Star

When our local leisure centre was clsoed because couldn't provide the services , there was an automatic suspension of memberships and cancelations of payments.

Happy to remain a BT Sport customer, when things eventualy get back to normality but it's shameful and immoral to be still taking payments when you clearly cannot provide the advertised services and also give customers no way of cancelling as you're not able to answer the phones!

Some of us will end up loosing jobs in the end and every penny saved now will go a long way in the future.

Highlighted

Only a suspension of the fee is acceptable whether in or out of contact.

Highlighted
Hooked

I'm so glad I found this thread.... what a pain in the a** to try and cancel this add on for BT Sport...will keep checking back to see if there any developements! 

Highlighted

Thanks Gandalf.  Like others, I worry why BT Sport cannot be paused as has Sky Sport.  I removed BT Sport from my account just now, but this will not take effect until next billing date on APRIL27 - missed it by less than 1 day and have to pay in full for a non-existent live sport service.  

I look forward to an immediate solution, including either reverting to a full, but suspended service, or making my cancellation of full BT Sport immediate and payment refunded.

thank you!

Highlighted

Yes, wanting to cancel it as needing to reduce Bills and because there is no point having it at the moment.  I have tried phoning but it is closed, which is understandable, I have tried the online chat but that just pointed me to here. Sky have written to their customers allowing them to not be charged temporarily for their sports channels and still have access to them - whereas I'm wanting to take off  BT sports altogether!

Highlighted
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I don’t want to cancel BT sport but just think that as those of us who subscribe cannot use the service that perhaps suspending payments by Plusnet would be a good move on their part.

Highlighted

Thanks 

I would really appreciate this being sorted ASAP - like everyone else I ‘m happy to pause membership  , if this is an option. Otherwise please cancel my subscription .

Highlighted
Hooked

Same here! I only subscribe to the BT Sport App but as there's no sport atm I need to "pause" the subscription as I've been able to do with Sky Sports but there seems no way to do it.

Plusnet - please action a temporary hiatus of BT Sport charges for your customers!

Highlighted

Hi, please cancel Bt sport with immediate effect for me.plesse.
Many thanks
Highlighted

Hello,

I am trying to suspend or cancel BT Sport and cannot speak to anyone to do this. I would appreciate some communication from Plusnet to customers with this service. Understand it’s a busy time but it’s frustrating to not have the option to cancel this add-on online.
Highlighted

I agree that the only suitable course of action is to suspend all payments and there should be a refund for March. 

Highlighted

Hi, I’m also looking to cancel the app. Can anyone help?