cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking tablet to YouView box

Pete_uk
Dabbler

Linking tablet to YouView box

I have a Android phone linked to my YouView box which I use for setting recording etc. That works fine, however...

I have two routers in my house. The 'BT' box where the phone line comes in has my PlusNet router connected and that has a Ethernet cable into the YouView box. I also have connected to this router another router downstairs which I use for WiFi due to getting better coverage from down there. As such, the YouView app doesn't see my YouView box during its scan of my network. This was the same for my phone but I was able to connect it, possibly using a code. This would have been on the old box software. Can such a thing be done with the new(er) software? 

Thanks

2 REPLIES
wisty
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Linking tablet to YouView box

Have you got DHCP disabled on the "other" router? Can you ping the PlusNet Router from a device connected to the other router?

Has the other router got WiFi client isolation enabled? Either of these would give the symptoms you describe.

Have you tried linking your android phone to the PlusNet Wifi? Can it see the YouView box?

I have a Billion router on my incoming FTTC line, and that connects (over a powerline link) to a second BT HH router set up to act as a wireless access point. 

I can see the whole network from any of the WiFi connections.

Pete_uk
Dabbler

Re: Linking tablet to YouView box

I don't think I can connect from something on one router to the other router. I have tried from my desktop PC which is connected via ethernet to the PlusNet router to a satellite box on WiFi via the other router but its not seen. Maybe that's symptomatic of a problem?

Also, I can connect via my phone to the desktop PC using google remote desktop but not my tablet.   

I'll have to try a few things as its obviously not quite as easier fix as I thought :/