cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG TV and BT Sport

PWT

LG TV and BT Sport

I have recently purchased an LG smart TV which connects to the Internet via my Plusnet Router. Download speed about 35Mps.

I now want BT Sport, particularly without any dongles or set top boxes as all my HDMI in puts are already in use.

Is this possible? I'm a tech. numpty.

Regards to all,

Phil Thomas

6 REPLIES 6
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 79

Re: LG TV and BT Sport

Hi @PWT,

Thank you for getting in touch. If you're not wanting any additional dongles/set top boxes in the way, the BT Sport app might be your best option if you have a PC or Smartphone that is compatible with screen sharing to your TV (it might be worth checking with LG to see which screen sharing options would be compatible.)

Alternatively, you could take a Youview package from us and have BT Sport through that. However, this would mean that you would have a Youview box and would need to connect this to an HDMI port in order to use this. If you have a Sky box, we could also provide you with BT Sport through Sky.

I'd recommend that you have a look at our BT sport package guide here for further information on the different options that we offer.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
PWT

EmilyD,

My thanks for your suggestions, It seems that the only option is the YouView package from PlusNet so I shall have to find a spare HDMI port on the TV. My only query is will this work wirelessly my Plus net router is in a different room from the TV, However, it talks to the TV directly without any problems.

Regards to all,

Phil Thomas

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 665

Hi Phil

Unfortunately there's no wireless capability of the YouView set top boxes we send out. If feasible or practical I'd recommend connecting the set top box to the router using a long ethernet/network cable. 

Alternatively you'd need to use what's known as a powerline adapter. This consists of two plugs and two short ethernet cables, one plug goes into a power socket near your TV and the other into a power socket near your router. You'd then use one ethernet cable to connect the first plug to the YouView box, and the second plug to the router.

The broadband signal would then effectively travel between your router and YouView box through the electricity wiring of your property, providing that the wiring is on the same circuit. The quality is also dependent on the quality of the wiring.

When ordering a YouView service through us we'd be happy to offer you a powerline adapter, which I believe is a BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 for £40 + £7.99 postage and packaging.

Hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
DaveyH
All Star
Fixes: 10

@PWT wrote:

It seems that the only option is the YouView package from PlusNet so I shall have to find a spare HDMI port on the TV.

That isn't your only (or best IMO) option.

The BT Sport app would be a cheaper and better experience than YouView/Plusnet TV IME.

BT Sport released a new "Big Screen app" at the beginning of year for Apple TV and Samsung TVs etc. I don't know if they currently support LG TVs, but even if they don't just buy a Chromecast and cast BT Sport from a smartphone, tablet or PC.

PWT

Thanks, that's given me a lot to think about.

Regards,

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 665

No problem.

Let us know if you need any further advice.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team